Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Completely redesigned from the ground up for iOS 8!
Welcome to the new CBC News app for iPhone and iPad. With the tap of a button, you'll have access to the latest local, national and international news, brought to you by CBC's award-winning journalists.
The CBC News app has several new and enhanced features. Now, you can customize your home screen and view only the sections you choose. Handoff lets you start reading on your iPad and pick up where you left off on-the-go with your iPhone**. Navigation between stories and sections is improved; either swipe up and down or left to right for a smooth experience.
As always, you can enjoy all of our shows, including The National, your local newscast and the latest news audio clips.
* Optimized for iOS 8.
* Clean new design with a streamlined home screen. Gives you top national, international and local news stories and the best photo galleries and videos.
* Simply swipe up and down to browse stories, pull section headers up to skip entire sections.
* Visit the menu to get all the news sections you want, including politics, business, technology, the latest audio newscasts and sports. Customize your experience by dragging only the sections you want.
* Listen the the latest CBC News audio: World at Six, World Report and Hourly Edition.
* Get breaking news headlines delivered directly to the top of your home screen via the ticker
* Watch full-screen episodes of shows like The National, fifth estate and Marketplace
* Optimized for iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 8 and above.
Future updates include:
* Improved functionality
What's New in Version 3.0.9
Fixes issues with content updating and blank content. Fixed a bug where video titles wouldn't show.
New update uses a format common to entertainment news. There is no list of items to choose from, forcing the reader to scroll through every headline. Stopped using the app.
After installing latest update the app will not load. Goes to black screen
Lately, your app is one of the most frequent ones I use. Since the last update, my battery warms up substantially, and it drains quickly. This has not occurred before. No other apps are running, or being refreshed. Please fix. I'd hate to delete the app, but will do if necessary.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 14, 2015
- Version: 3.0.9
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Language: En
- Seller: CANADIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION
- © 2014 Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.