Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Listen to your favourite CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) Radio programs on your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch. Enjoy Radio One, Radio 2 and Radio 3 live streams, as well as more than 80 of CBC's most popular programs on-demand. Browse archived episodes and create a favourites list so you can go straight to the programs you love. As well, you can find the local frequency for your favourite CBC Radio broadcast channel, set a sleep timer, or browse CBC Radio's website while you listen.
CBC Radio One
* Offers a wide range of local, national and international news, current affairs, documentaries, arts and culture programming. (more than 80on-demand programs and 33 live streams)
CBC Radio 2
* The best in Canadian music, with 5 live streams inside Canada and 2 international streams.
CBC Radio 3
* CBC Radio 3 is THE place to discover the best new Canadian indie acts.
CBC TV Audio
* Listen to audio versions of Power and Politics, CBC News At Issue Panel, Rexy Murphy and Mansbridge One On One.
* Use the schedule to find out what's playing now or to plan your CBC Radio listening.
* Select audio clips, shows and live streams to add to your favourites list for easy access to the programs you love.
* Find the AM/FM frequencies for CBC Radio stations across the country.
* Use our sleep timer, or set an alarm so you can wake up to CBC Radio.
* Select the Auto Play option, or Auto Select Quality to conserve data.
In the future we plan to expand the CBC Radio App to include:
- offline listening
- brand new design
- browse content by subject
- featured/curated content
- more on-demand programming
- more live streams
And more ...
What's New in Version 2.5.1
Fixes for the following:
- On demand audio skips forward when network connection changes
- Getting stuck with low bit rate stream on Wifi if Auto Select Quality is turned on
- Several crashes
App needs an update.
I love the CBC, and I have this app so I can listen to the radio as I go about errands and work. This inevitably leads to my phone moving in and out of different wifi networks and my 3G network. Everytime this happens, playback stops completely, until I refresh it by clicking through every setting for my local stream. This app has a feature that is supposed to switch between low- and high- quality streams, depending on the network connection. It hasn't worked for at least one update; I need to manually switch to these streams. To make it worse, every time the phone connects to 3G, a warning message appears and prevents all playback until I acknowledge the warning. This is frustrating and massively inconvenient.
Please update this now. It has gone on for far too long.
In the new version, the auto-switching feature does not work. Selecting auto switch invariably means listening to a low quality stream, with the high quality stream working only when auto-select is off.
Moving between wifi and 3G for data, playback still stops until I unlock my phone and navigate to any page in the app.
Seriously: fix this.
Newest update: Auto-switching finally works, and the playback is maintained without needing a refresh. The downside: the app is suddenly using a huge amount of battery.
Audio disappeared with iOS 7
Listened regularly with my iphone because the sound was so much better than my scratchy old radio. Upgraded to iOS 7 and IF I can even get a show or streaming program to play now, the audio is completely gone. Very disappointed. Especially miss the morning news... This has been more than 2 months. The recent update didn't help at all...
This app is constantly dropping off and losing audio. Very frustrating when you're listening to talk radio. Needs significant improvement.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 13, 2014
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CANADIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION
- © 2014 Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.