Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser that you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES – seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS – reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 42.0.2311.47
• Start searching and browsing faster: quick access to Voice Search and open new tabs from the Today View
• Ergonomically-designed: Pull to reload and open/close tabs
• Support for iOS App Extensions, such as 1Password and LastPass
• Easily open links copied from other apps
I don't know what Chrome does went it starts up, the after the last two or three updates, it just hangs after starting, unresponsive, for a good 20-30 seconds. I assume it is synchronizing something, but the lag usually results in me going with Safari instead. It happens on every platform. Get your act together and fix this, Google!
Crash, crash, crash
Yet another version that crashes constantly. I give up. Back to Safari.
Still crashes constantly
Even on one tab before loading any page. Can't access any of my bookmarks - doesn't show the Desktop ones and the Mobile folder's now empty. It's been utterly atrocious, useless waste for too many iterations and months now.
Google Drive also doesn't show most of my files or folders for no reason, making it equally useless. I can't really use any relevant Google app on this device anymore, and haven't been able to for too long. I can't say I trust a company with such poor (non-existent) service and support, on top of its grotesque privacy issues - I don't recommend them at all, except as something to avoid.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 16, 2015
- Version: 42.0.2311.47
- Size: 71.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.