Citymapper - the ultimate real time transit app for Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Includes support for Apple Watch. A to B journeys. Departures. Status alerts. Citymapper is now on your wrist!
The ULTIMATE TRANSIT APP for Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and more!
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner- MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Special Prize Winner- Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014- GSMA/Mobile World Congress
* Designs of the Year 2014- London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014- TechCrunch Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014- Stuff Magazine
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
We're reinventing the everyday urban transit app and making the large complicated city simple and usable. A to B trip planning with real-time. Real-time departure info on all modes of transit. Bike/ cycle routing and bike share availability. Line status and disruption alerts. Uber and Hailo integration. Weather. Everything you need and may not even realize that you need to manage your life in the city.
Live in: Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, New York City, Washington DC, Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco & Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago, Amsterdam (and Randstad), Brussels, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Lyon, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, Milan, Rome, Berlin, Hamburg, Mexico City, São Paulo, Singapore (more coming...).
Constant updates. We improve the app regularly.
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "I never thought I could love an app so much."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Get these guys on the Queen's birthday honours list."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
* "Just when you think it can't get any better. Boom. New amazing features are released."
* "By far the most useful app I have and have ever had."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN CANADA
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- Toronto: TTC (Toronto Transit Commission), Go Transit, Hamilton Street Railway (HSR), Brampton Transit, Oakville Transit, MiWay, York Region Transit (YRT), Viva, Guelph Transit, Grand River Transit (GRT), Burlington Transit, Bike Share Toronto.
- Vancouver: TransLink.
- Montreal: Société de Transport de Montréal (STM), Agence Métropolitaine de Transport (AMT), Réseau de Transport de Longueuil (RTL), Société de Transport de Laval (STL), Bixi.
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
What's New in Version 5.5.1
There was a cool feature called GO
On every trip page did you know
But it caused a few bugs
That required some tugs
That are now fixed so please update yo
---- In the previous episode:
Your smartphone is now a smarterphone. Introducing GO, a realtime copilot for your journeys, realtime ETA/ arrival times, and ETA sharing. Moving around the city will never be the same again. Oh and we added new cities to celebrate the European summer: Amsterdam/ The Randstad, Birmingham, Lyon, Brussels and Lisbon. This is the gamechanger update.
GO. A realtime, step by step, smart SATNAV/ copilot for your journeys. Why fiddle around, the app will now figure out what you need. Walk to the next stop. Wait for the next departure. Get off at the next stop. Eat your vegetables.
Too tired or lazy to open/close the phone multiple times during a trip? Turn on NOTIFICATIONS, and the phone will buzz you what you need, when and where you need it. And yes, the notifications will work on your WATCH so you can just glide through the city acting nonchalant. Technology is amaze.
GO activates REALTIME ARRIVAL PREDICTIONS. This has like never been done before in history. We will tell you exactly what minute you will get to your destination, and update this prediction during your journey based on your location and realtime data. One day you will explain to your children or your children’s children what it was like living in a time when you were not sure when you were going to get somewhere. ‘Oh we would just say I’ll be there in 30 mins no I’m late another 10 mins actually I’m not sure maybe 15, are you there yet, where are you, are you here, maybe hello what’. ‘Oh what a barbaric old civilisation you must have lived in’ will say your children or your children’s children condescendingly and dismissingly as they fumble with the passcode on their bionic skates.
Welcome to the future. SHARE your REALTIME ARRIVAL privately or publicly. Recipients can follow your journey on a map so they know exactly when you will arrive. No more frantic messaging and mental math, just send people the link and tell them you’ll get there when you get there.
Disclaimer. There is a LOT of new technology going on here. We are not yet properly accounting for subways, bike or cabs. We have not sufficiently tested and cannot be held liable for accurate predictions for people with really really long legs, people with really really short legs, cheaters, Blackberry users, lawyers, robots, ninjas, babies, ninja babies, squirrels or frankly any vertebrates in general. GO will get better over time.
There may be other stuff we added but it pales in comparison with GO.
Hello NEW CITIES:
BIRMINGHAM. Because it’s nearby. Not the one in Alabama.
LYON. Because the the French members of our team are constantly nagging, and they did invent the cycle hire so.
LISBON. Because they have pretty stations.
BRUSSELS. Because it was on the way.
And finally, AMSTERDAM, the current standing winner of the Citymapper.com/NextCity voting competition. In fact, we decided to add the entire RANDSTAD region including Utrecht, The Hague and Rotterdam, our first MULTICITY area. With real-time transit, and yes cycles, we have you covered across most of the Netherlands.
How do you like them apples.
What a Great App
This is a well though off easy to use app for travel. I am amazed at its simplicity but at the same time offering some great features. I don't use google maps anymore.
Great job guys.
Best copilot ever!
Fast, accurate, easy to use. Better than local STM app!
Something TTC related that actually works well.
Finally. The time are accurate, and the suggested routes saved me from being stranded due to sparse Sunday bus scheduling. Great app.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 17, 2015
- Version: 5.5.1
- Size: 34.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2015 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.