"My most indispensable app is my guitar tuner, Cleartune. None of the old visual or analog tuners are as precise. I've even taken it on stage with me!" - Rosanne Cash
"Cleartune and Clockwork are my most used apps." - Ezra Oklan (Nicole Atkins, Norah Jones, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, Matt Beck (Matchbox 20), Chico Hamilton, Arnie Lawrence)
"I've been having trouble with interference on stage with other tuners for the iPhone. Used Cleartune last night before a gig and had no problems with stage noise. Excellent tuner for bass." - Rob Calder (Kanye West, Angus and Julia Stone, The Break and Repair Method, Ghostface Killah)
Used in the making of the new Gorillaz album "The Fall"
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cleartune
• Featured in Electronic Musician, Matchbox Mag, Making Music Mag, Premiere Guitar, MacWorld, Apple Staff Picks, Worship Leader Mag, Acoustic Guitar
• Spotted in use backstage by The Black Keys, C.W. Stone King (www.va.ryanpolei.com), Grammy Nominee Sones de México (gearwire.com)
Cleartune is a chromatic instrument tuner and pitch pipe that allows you to quickly and accurately tune your instrument using the built-in mic in your device.
Cleartune features a unique "note wheel" interface allowing you to quickly find your pitch, paired with a highly responsive fine-tuning meter for the perfect tune.
With support for custom temperaments, transposition, notations such as solfège, and adjustable calibration, Cleartune packs more power than most pro tuners, yet is simple enough for everyone to use.
Cleartune can tune acoustic or electric guitar, bass, bowed strings, woodwinds, brass, piano, tympani and any other instrument that can sustain a tone.
Most electronic tuners cannot properly tune a violin. With a built in temperament for violin family instruments, Cleartune will have the 5ths singing perfectly.
- Note Wheel Display
- Ultra responsive 25 cent range fine tuning display
- Needle Damping option
- Accuracy ±0.01 semitone (±1 cent)
- Selectable Temperaments
- Selectable Notations (such as Solfège)
- User-defined temperament and notations
- Support for transposing instruments
- Automatic reference note calibration
- Adjustable A4 calibration in 0.1 Hz increment
- Pitch Pipe/Tone generator
- Selectable tone waveform
- Automatic or manual note selection
Update for iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app
It's always spot-on and works better than most actual tuners. You know it's good when the updates are for nothing but display support.
Loved this app since I bought years ago, perfect for practicing, perfect for helping my students, was definitely 5 stars. But it hasn’t been properly updated in several months (not sure what’s up with the ever-recurring “2 minutes ago” update.) It’s slow, no longer does the red/green triangle thingy, please update, I miss using this app in its former glory!!!!
My go to tuner!
I've had this app for over a year and it's since replaced my old tuner when it died as I always have my iPhone with me. True that it is very sensitive but it's also very accurate. I'll be purchasing a new tuner again, however this app will continue to be used.
- Bitcount ltd.
- 9.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Bitcount ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.