Develop literacy skills and build confidence with Clicker Books – the book making app that includes extensive support for pupils of all abilities. Continuously developed by Crick Software for over 20 years, the Clicker product range is used in schools around the world.
“A recently discovered app that is as brilliant as the PC version of Clicker… take it from me this is an essential app for a special or primary classroom blessed with iPads.”
- Anthony Evans, Assistant Head and former Primary ICT Consultant
“This app gives children a structure to work within but also enough flexibility to produce personalised books. Clicker’s trump card is the inclusion of their word and picture bank tools to support learners further. I would certainly recommend Clicker Books for use across the whole curriculum.”
- Mike Elliott, teacher and ICT Advisor
CHILD-FRIENDLY BOOK MAKING
Pupils use the child-friendly tools to add pictures, text and sound to create fantastic looking books. As you’d expect with a Crick Software app, customisable reading and writing support is included to help children of all abilities achieve success.
As well as being a wonderful app for helping children to create books, you will want to make books for your pupils to read, tailoring the content to their learning needs. In addition, you can create pre-prepared books for pupils to complete - these may contain word or picture banks to support children as they create their books.
WRITE WITH CLICKER SUPPORT
As they write, children benefit from acclaimed Clicker support features including:
• Speech Support – enables pupils to review what they have written and think carefully about what they are about to write. Clicker’s “SoundShift” button enables pupils to listen to any word on the page, or in the word predictor or spell checker.
• Word Predictor – suggests words that fit the context of pupils’ writing. The predictor can be customized according to reading level, helping students to use good vocabulary and create flowing text with accurate spelling.
• Word Banks – provide customised vocabulary support for any topic.
• Child-Friendly Keyboard & Font – a choice of two lower-case keyboards, and the Sassoon font as standard.
ADD & DRAW PICTURES
Add pictures from your iPad, take photos with the camera, or use the integrated painting tools - you can even paint on top of images. For additional support, create picture banks to help pupils quickly find topic-related pictures.
LISTEN AND RECORD
Tap the speech button to listen to the text on the page. Or record your own speech – a fantastic way to fully personalise a book, and a great alternative to writing for children with special needs.
BOOKS TO BE PROUD OF
Child-friendly doesn’t mean fixed layouts! Use a simple tiled layout or customise your page as much as you want. When you’re ready, share your books as a PDF via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, WebDAV or print to any Airprint-compatible printer. Watch your pupils’ confidence grow as they see what they have achieved!
PART OF THE CRICK SOFTWARE CLICKER FAMILY
Based in the UK and US, Crick Software has a worldwide reputation for quality educational software for pupils of all abilities. To find more Clicker Apps, search for Crick Software in the App Store.
- Various minor bug fixes and enhancements
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.