codeSpark Academy with The Foos is the #1 learn to code program for kids 4-10! Our award-winning app has introduced over 20 million kids in 201 countries to the ABCs of computer science.
codeSpark Academy uses a patent pending "no words" interface to teach the basics of computer programming through a variety of interactive learning activities including puzzles, games, step-by-step creative projects, game design and offline printables – all of which can be monitored by parents.
“My 5 year old does not want to stop playing this. He caught on very quickly!”
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own projects in the Game Maker.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* Subscription app with new content every month.
* Word-free. Anyone, anywhere can play.
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Perfect for pre-readers, ELL students and kids with reading and focus-related challenges.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* No commitments or hassles. Cancel at any time.
PRESS & AWARDS:
codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — "the ABCs of coding"— with no reading necessary - NPR
"[codeSpark Academy] is easy to learn, full of playful characters and it's easy to experiment." - Children's Technology Review
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles" - Parents' Choice Awards
*** 2016 American Assoc of School Librarians - Best Apps for Teaching
*** 2016 Kidscreen Awards - Best Learning App for Kids ***
*** 2016 KAPi Awards – Best App or Product for Younger Children ***
*** 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal ***
*** Apple Editor’s Choice & Top Educational App ***
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play. They’ll master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
Our Game Maker allows kids to put programming concepts to work by designing and coding video games. Creations can then be played and remixed by other coders around the globe.
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Download and try free for 7 days. Trial offers the full codeSpark Academy experience for a limited time. Subscription is CAD$10.99/month
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account once free trial period is over
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged CAD$10.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
codeSpark Academy is FREE for teachers, librarians, and verified non-profit educational institutions. codeSpark Academy was voted top choice by teachers and librarians for introducing computer science in elementary schools. Additionally our FREE teacher dashboard allows educators to track student progress and turn on and off parts of the app.
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.
Here's what's new in Fooville:
- Bug fixes and optimizations
If you are experiencing any trouble please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're enjoying codeSpark Academy please leave us a review. Reviews help us continue to make coding accessible for schools and improve the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Ads pop up inside the game from code spark talking about there T-shirt’s being on sale in there store ect. Child clicks the link and oh look at that there on the internet! No matter how high there security settings are on the iPad or if safari is turned off! Boom internet. I found my 7 year old searching the web and watching inappropriate things on YouTube INSIDE the code spark app. NOT SAFE FOR LITTLE KIDS. Teachers I would check your ‘education’ version as well to see if this is happening.
No value - for the cost of membership
Make you Sign up right away and they start charging before you’ve even figured out how to play/ what you’ve signed up - not easy to unsigned up either!!!
I call this the WORST game ever.
Why.. MAKE ME WASTE MY MONEY JUST TO PLAY? I would rather get Scratch 2 on PC then waste my family’s money on this! Every “good” reviews here make me think they are rich. Good for rich people. BUT NOT FOR ME! Roblox is also better. Minecraft. So many better games! All the good coding games steal and take money. Others you just need to pay to download, I literally am gonna make more video games on scratch jr and scratch 2! Terrible game. Do not buy it unless your rich like Richie Rich. - Eddie Myrchak
- codeSpark, Inc
- 174.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 codeSpark, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment $8.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment $32.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment $5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.