Finally a comic reader for iPad done right! ComicFlow was designed with one goal in mind: providing the best experience for comic fans with large collections.
- Polished interface
- Can handle very large comic collections (1,500+ comics and dozens of GB) without crashing or becoming unusable
- Imports new comics in the background
- Doesn't need to pre-process comic files before you can read them
- Supports .cbr, .cbz and pdf files
Importing Comics - iTunes with USB cable:
- Connect your iPad to your computer and launch iTunes
- In the Applications section, select ComicFlow in the list at the bottom
- Drag and drop comic files into the Documents area
- If ComicFlow is already running, display the settings window (upper-right button) and tap on "Update Library"
Importing Comics - Web Server over WiFi (In-App purchase required for unlimited use):
- Make sure your iPad and computer are on the same WiFi network
- Launch ComicFlow
- Display the settings window (upper-right button) and set the Web Server setting to "Website" mode
- Open the provided URL in a web browser on your computer
- To upload comics as part of series, first create a folder then upload the comic files into it
Instead of a web browser, if you prefer to use a WebDAV client (e.g. Transmit or ForkLift for Mac or CyberDuck for Mac / Windows), set the Web Server setting to "WebDAV" mode and connect the client to the provided URL.
Deleting or changing a comic or series status:
- Tap and hold on a comic thumbnail or a series thumbnail
- Choose the appropriate option in the pop-up menu that appears
ComicFlow is also the first (and only?) open-source comic reader for iPad: get the full source from https://github.com/swisspol/ComicFlow under GPL v3 license.
Looking for free public domain comics? Check out http://digitalcomicmuseum.com!
Fixed a crash on iOS 6
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a minimalist comic reader and it’s perfect like that.
Don’t look fro any special features here. It’s a comic reader. You had them with iTunes file sharing or just download them from the web and open them with it. It’s works flawless on all iPad and it’s free. Stop complaining it you want more and get something else.
How does it even work?
Once open you arrive in an empty list and not details how to add your comics to view them. Settings have no way to point to local directory or home network. Pretty useless.
Excellent comic reader
Wonderful app, does just what a comic reader should; and it's free! Comic Flow can read cbr cbz and PDF files so you can read all you digital comics with one app, has an easily customizable interface, fluid zoom and page movement, nice cover-view for the library; perfect app for the comic lover!!
- Pierre-Olivier Latour
- 5.8 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2010-2016 Pol-Online. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- ComicFlow Unlimited Web Server $6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.