••• SYNCS GROUPS!
••• SYNCS AUTOMATICALLY!
••• #1 IN DOWNLOADS & REVIEWS FOR 5+ YEARS!
With ”Contacts Sync for Google Gmail,” you can quickly & easily sync your Gmail & Mac contacts so that you can have access to your contacts wherever you go. This app distinguishes itself with its reliability, ease of use, speed, and with a true "2-way sync" that merges changes made to both your Gmail & Mac contacts. This is the #1 app for syncing Gmail contacts with Mac both in terms of downloads & reviews.
Also of significance, this app syncs contact groups with Google. For instance, you may have organized your Gmail contacts into groups such as "friends," "family," and "coworkers." After syncing, your Mac groups will match your Gmail groups.
With the customizability that this app provides, it can be used in a number of creative ways. For example, you can backup your Mac contacts to Gmail, you can sync iCloud or Exchange contacts with Gmail, or you can perform syncs in one direction only (such as Gmail to Mac).
• Choose from one of the following sync types: 2-way sync, Gmail contacts -> Mac, Mac contacts -> Gmail, & Manual Sync
• Choose a 2-way sync to combine changes you’ve made to your contacts in both Mac & Gmail
• Choose a 1-way sync to transfer changes in one direction only
• Choose a manual sync to sync selected contacts only
• Sync specific contacts only by using filters
• Apply the group filter to sync contacts that belong to the specified groups only
SYNCS ALL FIELDS:
• Syncs all fields including names, phonetic names, nicknames, email addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses, company names, job titles, departments, birthdays, anniversaries, events, notes, web page addresses, relationships, instant messaging accounts, & social profiles
• Syncs contact photos
• Syncs custom labels & custom fields
• During the initial sync, the contents of matching Gmail & Mac contacts will be merged
CONFIRM CHANGES BEFORE SYNCING:
• Review each change before the sync actually begins
• Easily override the suggested changes
• Automatically syncs contacts in the background 24/7
• Choose which Mac contact account you want to sync with Google whether it's an ordinary “On My Mac” account, iCloud, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or even Facebook
• Prevents duplicates by automatically matching your Gmail & Mac contacts when syncing
• Warns you of potential duplicates in Gmail before they’re synced to your Mac
• Monitor the results of the current sync, and review the results of the last 100 synchronizations
• Compatible with iCloud, Google Apps, Exchange Server, SSO
• English, French, & Spanish
• In the case that you need support, our friendly American customer support team usually answers emails within 4 hours
* Addressed crash that occurred when syncing several thousands of contacts
Ratings and Reviews
Manual would be helpful, but great sync utility
I was desperately looking for a way to sync 2 of my iCloud contact groups with a new Nokia Lumia 710 Windows 7 Phone, using Google GMail Contacts as an intermediary. After trying every option I could think of, I purchased Contacts Sync For Google Gmail. Problem solved! It looked a little daunting at first (documentation would go a LONG way toward getting people interested and started on the right foot), but it has worked flawlessly. No regrets.
Needs improvement, really a good google to apple addressbook sync.
does not seem to merge contacts well. e.g. if i have a contact of a given name, and later add an email to it, the second email is not added to the other record. basically any change to an existing record never seems to get shoved over. I need to delete it in my mac addressbook and then have it sync from google again. This is best, because deleting contacts in google causes linked accounts such as google chat and google+ to be deleted of course.
does not seem to synchronize picture / avatars. e.g. a contact in google with a picture, the picture is not on the newly created contact in apple address book.
when i merge from apple address book to google, sometimes i see it creates additional group in the google contacts interface, (e.g. "Family", "Coworkers" etc. when there is clearly already the group there. instead of just stufing them into the existing group.
So basically, it seems to work best if
- you like to use your google contact list as the master, and do not have any manually added stuff to your apple contacts.
- you do the delete of target contact list and synchronize from google to apple book, so that the google master list gets applied every time to capture changes to existing records.
- you don't mind having no avatar picture in your apple contacts, because you would need to manually applying the picture icons to your apple contacts after synchronizing them from google. but the delete on sync makes them all go away agin.
If you use Macs and Have a google phone it is a must
If you use a google phone and have mac computers something like this is a must. Especially important and easier if you get this right at the beginning it will make your life easier. The version I use is on my Macbook and just keeps everything in sync. Major pain if you don’t have something like this. Keeps all my ipads and macs in sync with the google phone.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.