Secure bitcoin on your own terms with an open source, multisignature wallet from BitPay.
Copay users can hold funds individually or share finances securely with other users with multisignature wallets, which prevent unauthorized payments by requiring multiple approvals. Here are some ways Copay can be used with others:
- To save for vacations or joint purchases with friends
- To track family spending and allowances
- To manage business, club, or organization funds and expenses
We built the following features into this version of Copay for a bitcoin wallet that doesn't compromise on security or accessibility:
- Support Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash
- Multiple bitcoin wallet creation and management in-app
- Integration for buying and selling bitcoin.
- Integration for buying Amazon.com gift cards.
- Intuitive multisignature security for personal or shared wallets
- Device-based security: all private keys are stored locally, not in the cloud
- Hierarchical deterministic (HD) address generation and wallet backups
- Payment protocol (BIP70-BIP73) support: easily-identifiable payment requests and verifiably secure bitcoin payments
- Support for 150+ currency pricing options and unit denomination in BTC or bits
- Email and push notifications for payments and transfers
- Easy spending proposal flow for shared wallets and group payments
- Support for Bitcoin testnet wallets
- Customizable wallet naming and background colors
- Multiple supported languages, including French, German, Chinese (Simplified), and Spanish
Copay is free and open source software run on non-proprietary servers, so there's no need to rely on any company for continuous support. Anyone can review or contribute to Copay's source code on GitHub (https://github.com/bitpay/copay).
- New Amazon.co.jp Gift Cards are now available (only Japan)
- Improved performance (lower battery usage in background mode)
- Fixes wallet import from onboarding screen
- Translation updates
- General UI bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Incompatible with real bitcoin
Many times this has happened where Copay will randomly show an errror that says "wallet locked". It's not due to unconfirmed funds it is bitpay servers that are getting shut offline. Guess the timing? During bitcoin price crashes !
So if you want to lose money as you can't spend your btc when the price drops, use this wallet. For anybody else who enjoys spending their coins anytime they want, stay away!! Scam wallet !
Avoid at all costs!
no way to “empty” your wallet. If you try and send the amount of bitcoins in your balance, the app will tell you don’t have a “sufficient balance” for the fee! So you have two options;
1. Reduce/ keep adjusting your bitcoin amount (to be sent) and the fee until the “insufficient balance error stops popping up
2. Use the “send max amount” feature (a not very conspicuous button)
Either way, you will have a bitcoin balance on your app 😡
All they need to do is either auto bake the fee into the amount or bitcoin you want to send or adjust (2) above to auto calculate same for you. Why do I have to have a balance of $25-ish in my account when I want to move all my bitcoin?
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.