You have friends around the world, you just haven’t met them yet.
Couchsurfing is the best way to stay with amazing locals, make lifelong travel friends, or host travelers coming to your hometown. Over 12 million travel enthusiasts use Couchsurfing in more than 230,000 cities around the world.
Use the Couchsurfing app to plan and manage your trip itinerary.
Find hosts in your next destination
• Browse the millions of local hosts offering a place to stay in thousands of cities and towns
• Stay with and meet locals and have an authentic travel experience
• Explore accommodations options near where you are right now, or near your future destination
Make New Friends
• Discover thousands of fun events planned by other Couchsurfers in your hometown or in your next travel destination
• Use Couchsurfing Hangouts to show you who’s nearby your current location and available to meet up right now
Meet Travellers Without Traveling
• Host or meet up with incoming travellers coming to your city
• Can’t travel right now? Let new cultures and friends come to you
• Easily create and manage a Couchsurfing profile
• Manage your incoming or outgoing requests, messages, and more
• Add pictures to document your travel adventures
• See which of your Facebook friends also have a Couchsurfing account
Hey Couchsurfers! In this release, you'll find a few bug fixes and usability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Baffled at the insane world of “couch surfing”
Where do I begin?
Couch surfing was advertised to me, and to many people as an app where if you were in need of a place to stay because you were going in a rough city or low on money you could plan ahead and stay at the home of a fellow traveller who might just understand your situation enough to help.
I understand that this may be a bit of a far fetched dream, and a bit much to ask. But what I found on this app, not to mention; the countless bugs, the “4-6 weeks” it takes to get verified (side note: what am I paying $80 for????), and it’s non-existent customer service, I found a system where you are forced to be a happy traveller with many stories, a wealth of knowledge and experience, and all the energy in the world to entertain your host. This app is NOT for travellers or adventurers pushing them selves out of their comfort zone, it’s glorified tinder. (Shout out to the many people using it as a dating app)
I really love it.. especially the hangouts feature. However, I wish it didn’t constantly say I have 1 unread message when I don’t. The notification won’t go away
- CouchSurfing International Inc.
- 171.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 1999-2017 CouchSurfing International, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.