"Creatures Such as We" is a philosophical interactive romance novel by Lynnea Glasser, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Living on the moon is lonely, and stressful, and exhausting. Video games have always offered you an escape to a better life. The easy, happy life you wish you had. Which makes it so frustrating when the game you've been playing ends badly. But you have a chance to figure it out, because the next tourist group is the designers. You can debate with them about art, inspire them with the beauty of outer space, get closer to any one specific designer in particular, and finally find out how to get the ending you always wanted.
Awarded Second Place in the 20th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (IFComp)
"You absolutely need to play through Creatures Such as We" -- Leigh Alexander
"Well-paced and richly written" -- Emily Short
"I couldn't tear myself away" -- Game Theory Podcast
• Immerse in the beautiful setting of a moon-bound tourist destination a tourist destination.
• Explore the meaning of gaming as a form of artistic expression with a cast of game designers.
• Inspire profound discussions, courage, and even love with the visiting space tourists.
• Six unique character paths, with options to be romantic or maintain strict professionalism.
• Play both your character, and the character of the game-within-a-game.
• Decide for yourself the best way to bridge the gap between game players and designers.
• Inclusive options for gender identity, orientation, race, and age.
Maintenance release. If you enjoy playing "Creatures Such as We," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely captivating. I really enjoyed it, and now I'm going reflect on it for a while.
Can someone make this a real game?
This story is absolutely wonderful, and I love how you can choose your choices, even your name. All it was perfect for me. There are so many choices, I want to play again! So far I’ve only played once, and I chose to end up with Grant. He’s my favourite character out of all of them.
I would personally buy the game if there was one made. It would be like the same thing, but with graphics, maybe even voice actors?
This is a great game, and I will, literally, recommend this to all of my friends and I’m sure they’ll be as happy as I am right at this moment.
It was beautiful, thank you.
This is, by far, one of the most breathtaking apps on the entire AppStore. I love the way it’s written, and adore the replaying to find out the different endings possible. By the time I finished this game (which wasn’t that fast, it was actually pretty long for me— which is another awesome feature) I was just brimming with delight. It left me with a stupid grin on my face, happy with the ending I chose but also sad that I ended . I love the other games from this développer, although I love this one the best since you can enjoy it without pay.
- Choice of Games LLC
- 23.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2014-2016 Lynnea Glasser
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Advertising $6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.