Cthulhu Saves the World
By TinkerHouse Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Cthulhu Saves The World is so good and so hip and yet so faithful to the 16-bit games it parodies so well..."
- Touch Arcade
The XBLA and Steam indie hit finally comes to iOS!
The lord of insanity, Cthulhu was all set to plunge the world into insanity and destruction when his powers were suddenly sealed away by a mysterious sorcerer. The only way for him to break the curse is to become a true hero. Save the world to destroy it in an epic parody RPG journey of redemption, romance, and insanity!
- Old school RPG style mixed with modern design sensibilities!
- Inflict insanity upon your opponents for fun and profit!
- 6-10 hour quest with unlockable game modes & difficulty levels for increased replay value.
- Highlander mode – XP gains are quadrupled, but only one character can be brought into battle at a time!
- Score Attack mode – Gain points by defeating bosses at the lowest LV possible!
- Overkill – Jump to LV40 in a single battle! Perfect for replays and experimentation!
- Cthulhu's Angels mode – Remix mode with new playable characters, new dialogue, new bosses, and more!
- All of the great features players know and love from Breath of Death VII: The Beginning have returned – fast-paced gameplay, combo system, random encounter limits, branching LV-Ups, and more!
Meant for 3GS, iPad 1 and later hardware.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
- Added d-pad
- Fixed memory related crash issues
- New font for iPhone 4 to address readability issues
- 13% awesomer
Great 8bit RPG.
First off, the writing is fantastic in this game. Laught out loud funny (which disturbs those in the same room who aren't reading along). The combat system is great because random encounters demand your concentration - just hitting fight everytime can easily result in defeat, and spamming high MP spells will send you packing back to the nearest inn before finishing a dungeon. The branching levelling system makes it fun to level up, giving you real choice in future tactics.
Bought it before latest update and was very disappointed. Post-patch it is great and definitely worth getting. The dialogue is hilarious and gameplay is great.
Update has fixed crashes, orientation, control, and font issues. Game is now playable. Great game.
Played on iPod Touch Gen 4.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 25, 2012
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 247 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TinkerHouse Inc.
- © Zeboyd Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.