By Metropole Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Normandy is a place with a lot of history regarding the Second World War. The invasion took place in 1944 and you can still feel and see it nowadays.
This application serves as a guide for the museums, cemeteries and sites. Each museum is briefly described, shown on pictures and has it's adress, openinghours and entrance fee included in the app. Some museum even include a plan of the museum to guide you during your visit. The cemeteries are shown on a map so you can easily see where the cemeteries are located. There is also a list with the location of each cemetery which can be loaded offline. In total the cemeteries covered in the app have over 90.000 graves! Sites are interesting locations but don't necessarily have a museum. They are also described and shown on pictures.
The application isn't only for your holiday in Normandy but can also be very useful as a reference. The More sections includes a timeline of events on D Day which shows exactly what happend during that night. The Insignia List shows about 50 insignia worn by American and British soldiers during the invasion. 8 routes are included in the app with a small map. Each route tells a different part of the D Day stories and includes different museums and sites. Some film locations of D Day movies are included in this app, also a portrait gallery with important persons from D Day is included in this app.
This application is a complete travel guide and a must have for everyone traveling to Normandy to visit the Second World War museums, sites and cemeteries.
What's New in Version 3.0
The D DAY application has completely been rewritten to offer more detailed information in an innovative design
- Completely rewritten to offer faster navigation
- Extra options now hidden beneath the information so there is more space left to show information and pictures
- Cemeteries and Museums have now the option to be shown on a map so their locations can be easily seen
- The cemeteries have an Offline List which lists the cemeteries and gives their average location
- The More section is back with a Timeline of events on D DAY, an Insignia List, 8 Routes to see all sites and museums, Film Locations and a Portraitgalley
- The Mont Canisy site has been added
- The Caen Memorial, The D Day Museum in Arromanches and the Radar Museum in Douvres have been added
- iOS 6 Optimized
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 28, 2012
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: jeroen keij
- © Metropole Apps 2012 - Jeroen Keij
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.