DietController is a calorie counter and diet diary.
Record the foods you eat in an easy to use spreadsheet that counts your calories and other nutrients.
Keep track of your food intake, exercise and body measurements throughout your diet.
* Spreadsheet style logging of food data, type directly into the food log.
Log food intake by:
1) Clicking on the relevant meal line.
2) Start typing food name to show dropdown of matching foods, choose food, press Tab to advance to quantity field,
3) Enter quantity, press Tab to open a new line and advance ready for the next entry.
Undo, redo, cut, copy and paste supported.
Alter log entries by simply selecting the cell and typing the new value.
* Smart search, searches as you type, shows the most likely items first (order takes into account your favorites and foods used before).
* Converts between different units, log food intake using g, oz, lb and various portion sizes (examples: 12g, 1.5oz, 2slices, .5pie).
* Add new food definitions on the fly (if you cannot find a food in the database, you can quickly create a new food definition).
* Create new foods from lists of ingredients (recipes).
* Create menus (lists of foods, e.g. 'My Cereal Breakfast') for fast entry of multiple items in a single operation.
* Tracks Calories and 31 Nutrients.
* USDA based food database, over 7,000 foods with multiple portion sizes.
* Include exercise in your daily calorie equation, 200+ exercise database.
* Manage a list of food favorites.
* Weight and body measurement tracking.
* Create charts and reports of your data.
* Customizable, change nutrient columns, colors...
* Backup and restore your database.
* Export data to comma separated (.csv) files for import into a spreadsheet.
* Supports multiple users all sharing the same food database.
* Does not require internet access.
* Keep your Calorie counter data private (on your own Mac), password protect your data.
The tools and information in DietController are intended as an aid to dieting, and do not offer medical advice.
This software is not intended for women who are pregnant or breast-feeding, or for any person under the age of 18.
* Added menu option to save charts as png images
* Added menu option to save reports as html files
Ratings and Reviews
Try the trial -I loved it.
Like it is with any aspect of your life, it is up to YOU to take control over the changes you want to make. Try the trial, and be honest with yourself about what you're eating. This program made it VERY easy to monitor all the things I have been consuming. I found out my poor eating habits, and that was half the battle.
- You may have to input some nutritional information BUT the majority of foods are already in there for you / it SAVES food / the internet can help look up N.I.
- Effective, fast-responding customer support (within 24 hours)
- For ~5 bucks this program is a steal
BOTTOM LINE: You'll probably spend more money in the form of your personal time looking for a better program.
J’adore ce logiciel
Très apprécié une fois qu’on apprend à le maîtriser.
Permets de s’adapter facilement et d’y ajouter nos aliments, une fois ceci fait, c’est presque toujours les mêmes choses qui reviennent.
Une chose appréciée est le fait de pouvoir combiner plusieurs aliments pour faire une recette et y inscrire les portions qu’on veut.
Les données qu’on peut en soutirer sont des plus utiles.
Pour utiliser pleinement ce logiciel, il est préférable de savoir la langue anglaise.
I got this because it was the only calorie counter that I could find that also tracked exercise and had a journal as well. I agree with the other user that it is hard to use. Just about every food has to be entered manually- same with exercise. The journal entries are not indexed, so if you wanted to find an entry from, say a year ago but don’t know the exact date you would have to look at every month’s entry to find it. When you open the application it doesn’t go to the current date, it goes to the date you last opened the application and there is nothing in the preferences to change it.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.