Drafts, where text starts. The popular iOS note-taking and automation app now has a Mac companion!
Drafts on the Mac provides a great way to quickly capture ideas, thoughts, text snippets - or to access those created on the iOS and Apple Watch version via fast sync.
WRITE RIGHT NOW
Capture with the quick-entry window, accessible via global keyboard shortcut, or from the menu bar. Jot down any notes or ideas before they slip away.
EDIT YOUR WAY
ORGANIZE YOUR DRAFTS
Beyond just writing, you can keep things in order using the Inbox and Archive, using Flags or Tags to group items, or setting up a Workspace with custom filters for different scenarios.
ADVANCED ACTIONS COMING SOON
Users of Drafts for iPhone and iPad can expect advanced Actions and automation functionality – coming soon to the Mac version!
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, find integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Share a single pro subscription between iOS and macOS versions of Drafts (iCloud required)
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Editor themes
• Create and Edit Actions (iOS only)
• Extra widgets and better share and capture options
• Enhanced URL Automation (iOS only)
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and update with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email email@example.com.
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
- **New:** Add "Window > Float Selected Draft" menu item to open new draft window.
- **New:** Add "Window > Float Selected Draft On Top" menu item to open new draft window floating over other applications.
- **Fix:** Drafts in floating windows should support all Editor menu commands.
- **New:** Button in title bar to toggle "on top" floating status of draft windows.
- **New:** Add "Editor > Navigate" menu item to trigger navigation.
- **Change:** Remove "Navigate" top level main menu item.
- **New:** Add periodic check for subscription status changes
- **Fix:** If same draft was loaded in main editor as other open windows, and the app became inactive directly after making edits, the edits could revert.
- **Fix:** Workspace editor would mis-select sort order for "all" folder when changing flagged sort.
- **New:** Update to MultiMarkdown 6.4.0 (was on 6.3.2).
For complete update history, visit: https://getdrafts.com/changelog-mac
Ratings and Reviews
So worth the wait and pro subscription
I have used Drafts from its earliest days. I've been looking for the perfect Notetaker for my Mac like I had on IOS. Its here and it's Drafts. This program is so simple yet so Brilliant. Write all your stuff in Drafts. Send it to the perfect spot when done. Incredible and with perfect sync with IOS. We couldn't ask for better.
No support for Actions (yet)
I love the iOS version of Drafts because it allows me to use so many useful Actions--save your text to a specific folder on Dropbox, create a task in Things, use the text in the body of an email, send to Twitter, etc.
With the current release, Actions are not supported on Mac, and so the main draw for using Drafts is currently missing.
From the Drafts website I see that Actions are coming, but until they are here, I'm not sure why I would use Drafts over any of the other very capable editors available.
Essential App from iOS comes to the Mac
If you love Drafts on iOS, getting this is a no-brainer. (Plus, it's free with a pro subscription).
Drafts has kept me sane from keeping track of things to do for work to keeping track of household information.
We just had a baby, and Drafts has been invaluable for recording weight, feeding times, Doctor's instructions and other information. I would be lost without it.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.