By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Think Mac OS X's Spotlight could use some help, especially when searching for text files? Download EasyFind, an alternative to (or supplement of) Spotlight and find files, folders, or contents in any file without indexing. EasyFind is especially useful for those tired of slow or impossible indexing, outdated or corrupted indices, or those just looking for features missing in the Finder or Spotlight.
- Boolean operators, wildcards, phrases
- Extended Boolean operators, similar to DEVONthink and DEVONagent
- Immediate searches, no indexing required
- Finds invisible files and files inside packages (something Spotlight doesn't do)
- Displays the location of each file in a separate column
- Previews files using Quick Look (Mac OS X 10.5 or later)
- Provides contextual menus and services
- Supports drag-and-drop
- Very responsive, thanks to multithreading
- Uses very little memory
What's New in Version 4.9.3
- Improved support for OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Mavericks.
- Various bug fixes.
Great for finding files on all external drives
I was trying to find a file on 3 external Firewire drives attached to my MacBook Pro. This utility found the file I was looking for. Way better than Spotlight. Saved me a lot of time and frustration. This is a great application that will always come in handy for me!
Great product, found files I have been looking for using expensive programs in less than a few seconds! Easy, organised and fast.
The best and simple.
Thank you, I have been in the computer business forever and never could find a simple and efficient finder. This Search engine is the best and perfect. It also searchs on my network drive without fail.. Again Thank you. BTW you could easly sell this app..
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 23, 2014
- Version: 4.9.3
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001-2014 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later