Featured 170 times on App Store category pages!
Comes with Ableton Link synchronization and Ableton Live Set Export.
Machinedrum: "It's awesome, a lot of fun to work with and very easy to get something going. I love the sound presets too.“
Funkstörung:"Fantastic sounding, great fun to play with, a must have for live performances!"
Palm Sounds: "I have to say that I've been completely impressed by this iPhone drum machine. In terms of sound, in terms of design, and in terms of functionality. It is amazing."
Keyboards: „An extremely flexible beatbox with tons of character."
CDM: "Finally, Your Pocket Gets a Perfect Drum Synth: Elastic Drums for iPhone."
iOS Music&You: "Highly, highly recommended."
Elastic Drums is a music app showcasing an interactive drum kit, that enables to create a huge range of rhythmic grids, ranging from classical analog drumkits up to experimental soundscapes.
It contains six channels of high quality synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 effect channels. All important control parameters are automatable. The result: Elastic drum composition with a unique character!
- 6 synth channels with 13 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hihat, clap, tom, wobble, fm, fm4, square, grain, synth, drone, sampler)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2x13 mono effects and 2x11 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor ...)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it's own tempo multiplier & length
- record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
- email audio recordings and presets
- Audiobus, Audiobus Remote, Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
- Midi learn/Midi implementation of the most important parameters
Because all sounds get generated in realtime, the app is cpu heavy! iPhones 5 and greater can handle it with no problem, on iPhone 4s effects 3 and 4 get switched off by the engine automatically to save some cpu power. iPhone 4 and iPad1 are NOT recommended!
Elastic Drums is published by MoMinstruments, the instruments app label of Mouse on Mars and friends.
- Improvement: Micro Recording for Sample Player got improved, showing input level, etc.
- New (Midi): Mic record button can now be triggered via Midi and will show sample view
- New (Midi): Autom & velocity buttons can now be triggered via Midi
- New (Midi): Program Change via IAA should work now also
- Improvement: „Record audio“ will not overwrite existing audio files anymore, but create new ones with a date ending
- Improvement (Jam screen): Midi notes will always trigger an instrument, even with „trig“ > 0 and stopped sequencer
Ratings and Reviews
Oh boy this is fun
Long press on the automation button and wow. Great sounds that you can make and customize in infinite ways. What a fantastic app this is for anyone making electronic music. Super duper interface. A must have app. Perfect for anyone who enjoys music making. And the Dev keeps on coming out with improvements and new stuff. How can anyone not want to have fun making music?
The Ableton export feature is amazing. It actually keeps the individual tracks when opening in Ableton.
Definitely worth the price for some experimental sounds. I wish it was easier to do some glitchy stuff though.
- Oliver Greschke
- 162.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Oliver Greschke
- In-App Purchases
- Sample Import $5.49
- App-Sound kit $2.79
- Futuristic synths $5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.