Featured 170 times on App Store category pages!
Comes with Ableton Link synchronization and Ableton Live Set Export.
Machinedrum: "It's awesome, a lot of fun to work with and very easy to get something going. I love the sound presets too.“
Funkstörung:"Fantastic sounding, great fun to play with, a must have for live performances!"
Palm Sounds: "I have to say that I've been completely impressed by this iPhone drum machine. In terms of sound, in terms of design, and in terms of functionality. It is amazing."
Keyboards: „An extremely flexible beatbox with tons of character."
CDM: "Finally, Your Pocket Gets a Perfect Drum Synth: Elastic Drums for iPhone."
iOS Music&You: "Highly, highly recommended."
Elastic Drums is a music app showcasing an interactive drum kit, that enables to create a huge range of rhythmic grids, ranging from classical analog drumkits up to experimental soundscapes.
It contains six channels of high quality synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 effect channels. All important control parameters are automatable. The result: Elastic drum composition with a unique character!
- 6 synth channels with 13 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hihat, clap, tom, wobble, fm, fm4, square, grain, synth, drone, sampler)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2x13 mono effects and 2x11 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor ...)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it's own tempo multiplier & length
- record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
- email audio recordings and presets
- Audiobus, Audiobus Remote, Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
- Midi learn/Midi implementation of the most important parameters
Because all sounds get generated in realtime, the app is cpu heavy! iPhones 5 and greater can handle it with no problem, on iPhone 4s effects 3 and 4 get switched off by the engine automatically to save some cpu power. iPhone 4 and iPad1 are NOT recommended!
Elastic Drums is published by MoMinstruments, the instruments app label of Mouse on Mars and friends.
- Debugged Master Compressor (extreme Settings could make audio go silent)
- Sampler got a quicker Attack response! Some samples/presets might sound more crisp & punchy, maybe even clicky with an attack on 0
- Open and Edit a sample in AudioShare via longtap on sample waveform view
- With Midi -> „Same controller for all instruments“ deselected, incoming Midi Notes will not change the displayed channel, to give the opportunity to alter values, while receiving Midi trigger notes
- Added Midi Bluetooth search
Ratings and Reviews
I can’t believe I can get this good of sounding drums out of a phone! Wow.
Normally I use Drumspillage on my Mac, but I’ll be splitting my time I think now. Incredibly well done!
Definitely worth the price for some experimental sounds. I wish it was easier to do some glitchy stuff though.
The Ableton export feature is amazing. It actually keeps the individual tracks when opening in Ableton.
- Oliver Greschke
- 163.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Oliver Greschke
- In-App Purchases
- Sample Import $5.49
- App-Sound kit $2.79
- Futuristic synths $5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.