E-Calc Pro is a professional electrical application for calculating many common electrical problems. This app is an essential tool for all electricians and electrical engineers. Unlike other similar apps E-Calc not only calculates simple formulas but returns code results including wire sizing, conduit sizing, fusing, overload size, ground and bond size and much more based on the Canadian Electric Code. The features of this app are too long to list but here are a few of the key ones;
- Basic construction calculator allows you to easily divide rooms for lighting in imperial or metric measurements.
- Calculate any single motor or multiple motor load and get maximum overcurrent, maximum overload, minimum wire, minimum pipe, and minimum bond wire size. Store a schedule of motors for easy retrieval.
- Calculate any transformer size and get KVA, FLA, pipe size, fuse and breaker size, bond size and ground size, on both primary and secondary. Easily choke down the transformer and get appropriate results for the modified demand load.
- Calculate feeders for wire size, conduit size and voltage drop simultaneously.
- Create panel legends of any size and easily export or print them right from your device.
- Calculate the allowable ampacity of any wire type and deration situation.
- Calculate maximum number of similar sized wires in a given pipe size.
- Calculate pipe size required for a list of any number, size, and type of wire.
- Calculate required ground and bonding sizes.
- Easily calculate complicated voltage drop calculations. Get results for percentage voltage drop as well as maximum lengths of runs and wire size. Derating is also supported.
- Calculate minimum burial depths for any situation including special situations including mechanical protection, under slab, and rock encased.
- Calculate any box fill situation in mL and cubic inch.
- Calculate recommeneded torque settings for all varieties of lugs and terminations.
- Convert many common units.
- Find NEMA codes and specs of receptacles.
- Calculate residential single dwelling service sizes.
- Easily access in app support with quick links to your tablet's email.
- Fixed panel board module to print larger formats.
- Fixed help web link in calculator module.
Ratings and Reviews
It was recommend by another electrician. I purchased it and became familiar with properly using it. However, I did a pipe fill comparison between the app and by the 2015 code book. The app was significantly wrong. However, there is some very useful information in the app. Use the app, but don't try to plan with it.
Trying to like the app but every times that there is un update all data it's lost, that is on the panelboards or transformers calculations.
Because of that give 2 stars, for the rest like I said before I'm really trying to use it and get to like it but it's hard to start all over again.
A great help
Easy to use. Relevant to codes in Ontario Canada
Like carrying the Ontario electrical code in your back pocket.
Every tradesman with a smart phone needs this app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.