The ESV Bible app was designed to be the most beautiful and intuitive Bible app available. The app includes free resources such as interactive reading plans, audio streaming, and free access to the ESV Global Study Bible.
• Read. Dig into the English Standard Version via an elegant interface designed specifically for mobile devices. Quick access to cross-references, split-screen reading, and an innovative reader’s mode make it easy to engage with God’s Word on a deeper level.
• Study. Read the ESV Global Study Bible alongside the biblical text for free. Subscribe to one of our paid plans at ESV.org to unlock additional study resources, like the ESV Study Bible, ESV Archaeology Study Bible, Preaching the Word commentary series, and more.
• Audio. Stream a free audio reading of any passage (internet connection required).
• Reading Plans. Choose from over 30 free interactive Bible reading plans and devotionals and track your progress.
• Search. Search the Bible by reference, keyword, or phrase with lightning speed.
• Write. Capture your ideas and reflections while listening to a sermon or during Bible study in personal notes attached to specific passages.
• Highlight. Highlight and bookmark favorite verses with just two taps.
• Sync. Sync your highlighted verses, personal notes, and favorites with ESV.org—giving you access to all of your content from any browser.
• Share. Share verses with friends and family via text message, email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Addressed a number of related issues affecting iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, SE, and iPod Touch.
- Tapping on verse references was not navigating correctly. This affected verse references tapped from Search, Personal (Notes, Favorites, History, etc.), and Plans.
- Audio was not syncing correctly with the displayed Bible text, playing audio from passages previously viewed rather than the passage currently being viewed.
- Library content was not syncing correctly with the displayed Bible text, showing Notes and Resources from passages previously viewed rather than the passage currently being viewed.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app - would like to see the ability to change text size and more font options, as well as iPhone X support.
My favourite bible app
Love the font and design and commentary.
My only complaint is all the new buttons you have to scroll through to reach the commentary.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the trouble. We sought to address these issues in the latest 3.4.9 update. Could you update to the latest version and let us know if that addressed your issues?
Thanks for the fixes! But there’s still a problem with the highlighting
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the trouble. Could you reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we could get a bit more information to help us troubleshoot and address this issue?
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.