Our new name is Facebook Local! We’ve updated our events app to help you discover places and things to do recommended by friends you know and trust.
Keep up with what’s happening locally—wherever you are—whether you’re looking for something to do with friends this weekend or want to explore a new neighborhood.
* See the most recent activity, events and places your friends are interacting with and updates from event hosts and Pages you follow.
* Find events and activities happening near you on an interactive map and filter by time, category, location and more.
* Get recommendations based on what's popular with your friends, things you've been to in the past, Pages you like and our curated Guides.
* Choose to add calendars from your phone to see all of your plans in one place.
* Opt-in to get notifications about your upcoming events so you know if details change.
* Ability to search for events, places and activities nearby or in another city or neighborhood.
* Browse timely Guides to find events, places and things to do by category.
* See event invitations you haven’t responded to at the top of your calendar.
* Explore Local Lists of recommended events and places in more than 60 cities.
Thanks for downloading Facebook Local! We're always making changes and improvements to give you the best experience possible. Along with fixing a few bugs, we're also adding some new features to help you better search for things to do and places to go.
- Map-first experience: Open up the app to a redesigned home tab that shows you events and activities happening near you – all on our interactive new map experience.
- Guides: Create and manage custom guides in addition to browsing curated guides.
- Your places and events: View and manage all your places and events in one place.
Ratings and Reviews
Can you please the vents calendar more obvious
It has replaced my iPhone calendar because it just has everything on it but the calendar it’s not obvious since the update. Thanks
Results includes closed businesses
The search results include businesses that closed down months ago. This app is useless if they don’t have current information. A person could go to a restaurant late at night that says “open now” only to discover a boarded up building or a hole in the ground. I wouldn’t trust anything it says
No app has ever spammed me with so many useless notifications. Every time I look at my phone I have notifications from Facebook’s “Local” app. Half of them are just repeats of the same event invites and other junk I don’t need. What makes it worse is that there is zero control over the notifications and what triggers them. Never again.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 351 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.