FastScripts is a powerful tool for running time-saving scripts on your Mac, designed for seamless integration with the apps you use on a daily basis.
FastScripts focuses on running your AppleScript and shell scripts as quickly as possible, without taking you out of the context you are working in.
Define custom keyboard shortcuts for any of your scripts, in a global or application-sensitive context.
FastScripts is an essential tool for Mac scripters!
This update includes a few bug fixes:
- Fix a visual glitch with the focus ring displayed when editing a keyboard shortcut
- Fix a bug that could prevent the menu icon color from adapting to Light/Dark Mode changes
- Omit the file extensions for .applescript, .py, .rb, etc files in the script menu
Recently in 2.7.5:
- Adapt script error panel to macOS Mojave's Dark Mode
- Add usage explanation strings for requests via scripts to access Reminders, Photos, and Calendar information
Recently in 2.7.5:
- A quick fix to fix system prompts in macOS Mojave for authorizing Apple Event usage.
Recently in 2.7.4:
- Fix the ordering of items in the script menu to be sorted by standard localized order
- Fix a bug that could cause a renamed script to appear twice in the menu if only the case of the name was changed
- Fix a bug that caused Quick Action Workflows to be offered for installation when attempting to edit them
- Fix a bug that caused the focus on the shortcuts table to be lost after setting a shortcut value
- Add a new FastScripts Help menu item to easily open help on the web
If you have a minute, please leave a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot.
Questions or concerns about the app? Get in touch at email@example.com. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
simple, reliable, indispensable
I have been invoking scripts via FastScripts dozens to hundreds of times per day, every day, for many years… and I can’t remember it ever having any problem, ever, except for waaaay back at the beginning when I an odd configuration issue, something few users will encounter. The developer immediately responded to an inquiry about that, solved it for me, and I’ve been using it ever since without a hitch.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.