Feeddler was first released in 2010, a few days before the first-generation iPad release. Feeddler has been one of the most popular RSS readers for iPhone and iPad and has been picked as a top news app by numerous media over the years.
* "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" - featured by Apple
* "Cleanest and most user-friendly interface" - iPhone Life Magazine
* "Essential iPad Apps" - Gizmodo
* "10 Must Have iPad Apps" - Cool Tricks N Tips
* ... and many more
Feeddler is a fast and highly customizable RSS Reader client that stays perfect sync with RSS services and presents RSS stories in an easy-to-read interface. Feeddler is a universal app that supports iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads.
* Syncs with AOL Reader (optional account, free).
* Syncs with Bazqux Reader (optional account, 30-day free trial).
* Syncs with FeedHQ (optional account, , 30-day free trial, will support self-hosting).
* Syncs with Feedly (optional account, free).
* Syncs with InoReader (optional account, free).
* Syncs with The Old Reader (optional account, free).
* Supports multiple accounts.
* Supports feed management - add/delete/rename/sort subscriptions and folders.
* Caches RSS articles and images for offline reading
* Able to set up each subscription to open articles directly in RSS, full text mode, or web (online only).
* Able to mark all items as read for any RSS subscription or mark only loaded items as read.
* Able to mark items as read based on date or automatically mark items as read while user scrolling headlines.
* Able to show only feeds/folders with unread items.
* Swipe RSS articles for navigation, and pinch articles to change font size.
* Save/Share/Zoom images by tapping-and-holding or pinching images.
* Save/Share web pages by tapping-and-holding any links.
* Save/Share articles by tapping-and-holding any articles shown on the preview list.
* Supports Evernote to save any RSS articles, web pages, images, and PDF without leaving the app.
* E-mail sharing with optional default recipients.
* Copy-and-paste titles, links, or full articles.
* Full text mode using Readability.
* Lots of UI customization options including summary preview and the comfortable night mode.
More features in the Pro version:
+ Supports landscape mode on iPhone.
+ Supports keyword search to find and add feeds.
+ Sync all subscriptions, or sync subscriptions in a folder for offline reading.
+ Sync options: sync all feeds or unread items only, sync from last sync, days or weeks. For faster syncing, use "Unread only" + "FromLastSync."
+ No ads
If you like Feeddler, please consider writing positive reviews on the App Store. We keep adding features, fixing bugs, and improving app performance. Please send us feedback at email@example.com. Thanks for your support.
Follow us on Twitter @feeddler.
- Improved iPhone X and iPad support
- Fixed article list jumps
- Fixed syncing overlay
Ratings and Reviews
Knowledge food for my brain hole 😋
Knowledge food for my brain hole 😋
Great Google Reader Integration, cumbersome layout
This may be one of the best third-party Google Reader clients out there in terms of its integration with Google Reader itself, and in fact is the only app I've seen which provides support for the "Like" feature on Google Reader.
I used this app for a couple of days and really wanted to like it due to its great Google Reader integration and offline caching, but unfortunately, as somebody who skims through a lot of RSS feeds, I found the layout to be too cumbersome. Having the article headings in the main panel and the content as a pop up window makes it awkward to read through feeds quickly, as extra taps are required to open each article and then return to the main article listing. Personally I'd prefer to see the article titles displayed in the left panel similarly to how Apple's own Mail applications works as this seems to provide a more intuitive feel and makes it much quicker to quickly navigate through feed content.
Obviously that's just my own opinion, and the layout may in fact appeal to others, particularly those who only skim article headlines and don't read every article, but unfortunately despite everything else there was to like about this app, I just found that I couldn't get past the layout -- it just didn't seem as smooth to use as it should have been for my purposes.
Not that good
Reeder rocks, and is the one Feedler should model after. I certainly wouldn't spend money on the 'pro'. version.
You can't mark everything as read, only what's on the screen. You'll try to do a full sync, and only the feed that's visible will sync.
A complete lack of any preferences is ridiculous - very Mac-like.
Good first try, but keep working, and find something to add to make the Pro version worthwhile. Removing the app's entire raison d'etre (reason for being) after five days is, well... <insert some kind of profane rant>
- Che-Bin Liu
- 21.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © C.B. Liu
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.