FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual camera interface available on an iPhone, iPod or iPad.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects than any other video app.
Accolades to Date:
Best Video Camera App - Best App Ever Awards
Best Video Camera App - TUAW, Editors Pick
Best App Ever finalist - Tap! Magazine
Gizmodo Essential App
5 Stars, Editors Review, cnet.com
App of the Week: Time.com/Techland
Editors Choice - Wired, Film Riot, Macworld
v6 continues this tradition by providing filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a LOG gamma curve. LOG allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for adjusting focus and exposure.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor devices and newer)
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including in tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Clip favoriting.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOG. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
(† Available as an optional purchase for iPhones with an A9 or newer processor and iPads with an A10X or newer processor. Limited to 30fps at 4k)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Portrait (vertical) and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48* 50* and 60* fps. (* iPhone 6 and 6s series only).
• High speed frame rates of 60,120,240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX options.
• Configurable time lapse Recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Adjust video settings after capture (Exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, color temperature).
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved personal presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for dynamic composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Cinerama (2.59:1)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, Vimeo, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers 50mbps encoding at 1080p)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Adapter (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• DJI OSMO Mobile gimbal
• Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats - AAC, AIFF or PCM
• Auto-sensing audio sampling
• Auto-sensing headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable audio gain
• Stereo recording support
• Support for external microphone levels
• Variable microphone positions
***Not all features available on older devices.
Support for the Movi Cinema Robot gimbal is here!
We heard you loud and clear: v6.9.0 of FiLMiC Pro includes support for the Movi Cinema Robot gimbal, offering unparalleled manual control for the ultimate tactile shooting experience.
— Pair FiLMiC Pro with your Movi under the Settings > Hardware menu.
— Once connected press the centre d-pad button to cycle through three modes: reticle - auto - and manual.
— In reticle and auto mode press left on the thumbwheel to lock/unlock exposure, and right to lock/unlock focus. Pressing up on the thumbwheel will lock/unlock both reticles concurrently.
— Press down on the d-pad to switch between rear and selfie cameras. Long press down on the d-pad to access additional lenses on dual lens iPhones (tele and zoom).
— Long press left on the d-pad in reticle and auto modes for manual exposure override; and long press right for manual focus override.
— Press the Action Trigger beneath record button on Movi to lock/unlock the roll motor.
— Long press the Action Trigger to reveal the Action Menu: this allows you to adjust your Movi response and window speeds directly from the gimbal; reassign the Action Trigger to ‘freeze’ mode; and quickly launch the library without having to tap the screen.
— For a full rundown on using the Movi Cinema Robot with FiLMiC Pro, make sure you check out the official tutorial on our YouTube channel.
— Miscellaneous fixes for stability and performance.
If you have any questions, suggestions or findings please contact us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
In App Purchases
I like this app a lot but I just don’t understand why there is a need for in app purchases in a 20 dollar app.
Edit: The developers responded with an understandable statement so my review is better.
Developer Response ,
Hi SystemLeap.. thank you for the updated review... Please drop us a line if you ever have any questions or suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org - - - - - - thank you for the review. This a great question indeed. The optional features in the Cinematographer Kit provide capabilities that have not been possible before on a smartphone. They allow for adjustment of the gamma curve and other color/tone controls. These sorts of features are normally found on dedicated cameras costing thousands. As you can imagine this sort of technology was costly to produce, taking the team over 18 months to design, develop and properly QA. The problem then becomes how to recoup the investment for these features. The capabilities are really only useful or relevant for advanced professionals or those aspiring to that level. Given the limited need for this across our user spectrum we decided to avoid increasing the base price of the app and instead to offer this as an optional in-app purchase. If you are not one to require these features than you can easily avoid them as they are not necessary for the primary usage of the app. If they are worthwhile features for you then you likely already know how much a camera with these capabilities would cost and therefore the nominal in-app purchase price is a bargain for these features. In all it was the right move for our customers and we hope we have provided some detail that explains that better. If you would like to take the conversation further or if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact our support team: email@example.com 👍
Not Worth the Money
This app is a complete ripoff. The basic tools can be found elsewhere and the only tools I actually did want are hidden behind another pay wall.
Developer Response ,
Hello Element8Studios. Thank you for the review. We would love an opportunity to discuss this further with you. Yes some of the basic elements of the app can be found in other apps but there is no app that offers the level of manual control in a base app that can be found in FiLMiC Pro. We would like to know what 'basic tools' you are referring to. Also, it's important to clarify that no features are 'hidden behind a pay wall'...the app store description clearly states what features are included in the optional 'Cinematographer Kit'. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss your findings further.
Can’t save the video anywhere.
I can’t share or save the video I took. It won’t save to photos, Dropbox or other locations. I can’t highlight the video (select it). To save or share. iOS 12.4.4
It’s the pro version.
- FiLMiC Inc
- 101.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 FiLMiC Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Cinematographer Kit $19.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.