FiLMiC Remote offers wireless control and monitoring of your FiLMiC Pro experience. FiLMiC Remote puts your spare iOS devices into the production process.
Remote v3 offers three modes of capability: Control, Monitor and Director.
Control mode provides the familiar FiLMiC Pro interface for complete remote camera control over hard to reach camera placements such as sliders, jib arms, car mounts, microphone stand or other compelling live event camera placements. Set up your FiLMiC Pro device and then control all settings and recordings from the Remote:
- Start/Stop record functions.
- Focus/exposure reticle placement and locking.
- Dual arc slider manual controls for focus and exposure.
- Pull-to-point focus and exposure pulls.
- Create and load FiLMiC Pro presets from FiLMiC Remote.
Monitor mode gives you cinema production capability for a fraction of the cost, offering a four-up display with the following powerful analytics:
- Video preview: Reference video for use with analytics screens.
- Waveform monitor: Visually identifies signal brightness segmented from left to right across a video feed. Used in conjunction with the video preview it can provide a quick snapshot of brightness in your video.
- Vectorscope: Displays color saturation, by channel, across the entire image.
- Histograms: RGB composite, Luminance, Zone and RGB channel.
Director mode provides a clean video preview. This is perfect for providing a director, producer or crew with a device to monitor the production remotely.
You can switch between modes on the fly to check analytics and composition. Remote can also be set up in ‘preview-only’ mode allowing a camera operator to perform all controls from the device running FiLMiC Pro and allowing the Remote to be used solely for monitoring.
Create your mobile studio today with FiLMiC Remote!
- The use of FiLMiC Remote on one iOS device requires the simultaneous use of FiLMiC Pro on an additional device. Both devices must be running iOS 11.
- FiLMiC Remote connects to FiLMiC Pro using WiFi either on an established network or using a peer-to-peer network (for using in areas where a WiFi network is not present).
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
This app sucks
I have an Iphone 6+, I was so excited to use this app and decided to buy, but when I downloaded and started to use it(I bought the bundle of remote and filmpro). Even though I checked the button to use the remote app. The app cannot find my phone at all. Always it says NO FOUND. I have reinstalled many times but still the same.
Unreliable, Laggy, and Eats Battery
Pretty much not worth your money, in my opinion. I can barely keep a connection between my iPhone X and iPad and when it does manage to stay up for more than one minute the entire app crashes. I haven't been able to use them together even after updates, reinstalls, and other troubleshooting.
Developer Response ,
Hello, We have not heard back from you on this: Hello Element8...thanks for the review. Have you had a chance to write in to the support team to see if they can help out here? If there's anything that you can share that they can reproduce on our side we can likely fix it quickly, or perhaps it's something in your network configuration that we can help with: eg: peer-to-peer connection instead of wifi etc. You can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Awesome! The remote v3 interface now matches the look of the FiLMiC Pro app. It's a total breeze to use and very practical for many of my video recording scenarios. I am very happy to have purchased this app :)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review! We are pretty stoked about this release too...it really is a snap to use and so performant. Let us know if you ever have any questions: email@example.com
- FiLMiC Inc
- 22.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016, FiLMiC Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.