British Columbia's tidal (saltwater) sport fishing app, created by the Sport Fishing Institute of BC in partnership with Fisheries and Oceans Canada and supported by the Pacific Salmon Foundation.
- GPS locator plus pinch-and-zoom Map to select fishing area.
- Up-to-date official Regulations including information about species, boundary maps, conservation areas, closures, contamination alerts and more.
- Catch Log including size, date and area caught, plus the ability to take photos of your catch and share with your social network.
- Easy-to-use visual Species ID Guide featuring Salmon and other species in B.C.'s tidal waters.
- Display your Tidal Water Sports Fishing Licence associated with your permanent catch log.
- Guides can now manage trips inside the app.
Thank you to all the early reports from Guides, we have tuned the guide log slightly to better assist you in using the guide log.
Ratings and Reviews
Good simple app-Even better if...
Should have the ability to add multiple licenses. For example, I was not able to manage my dependants licenses or catch with the app.
Fishing bc needs much improvement
I found the app just "ok", the species pictures are too cartooney and the artist drawings are not so accurate. I wouldn't want to bet loosing my boat because of the poor species descriptions to the DFO.
You should be able to swipe back to the previous page instead of starting all over again to view the species list. The ability to have a map list is also needed as you may cross two boundaries, as it is now you have to change it in settings every time.
The app has a long way to go to be good to really good,oh and when you pick a map from the bottom choice the app crashes.
Don't bet on winning a discussion with DFO with the salmon species shown here, close is not good enough.
I'm looking forward to some huge improvements.
This app is pretty good but lacks info about crab fishing regulations.
- Sport Fishing Institute of BC
- 35.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018, Sport Fishing Institute of British Columbia. All Rights Reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.