*** Best New App by Apple *** Top Rated Mac App by Macworld *** Featured by Lifehacker *** Full Touch Bar Support ***
Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right in your menu bar or as a dock app. With your choice of The Weather Company or Dark Sky, always have the most accurate weather data. iCloud Sync keeps your locations and settings in sync across your devices. Custom icon and background packs allow you to customize the look and feel to suit your style.
Opening Forecast Bar displays a gorgeous resizable panel full of relevant weather information, including:
- Current conditions, with current, feels like, high, and low temperatures, cloud conditions, as well as relative humidity
- A succinct description, available in over 40 languages, of the weather for the next hour, and next 24 hours
- Create a customized weather summary to use in the app and widget which can contain any combination of 20 data points with everything from wind speeds to location of the nearest storm!
- Charts showing temperature and rain forecasts for the next 8 hours
- When rain is detected in the next 7 hours, a chart showing rain intensity
- 14 day forecast, with high and low temperatures and weather conditions
- Stunning icons for each weather condition (plus additional downloadable icon packs to switch between)
- A gorgeous image matching the weather conditions (which can be dimmed or hidden entirely, from either built-in, downloadable or online sources)
- Full description of all local NWS severe weather alerts (U.S. only), including Notification Center support
- Radar and satellite imagery (U.S. only)
Clicking again on the current conditions displays an animated panel with additional information, including:
- Current wind conditions with an animated compass
- Dew point and humidity readings, with a "mugginess" animated gauge
- Pressure indicator with trend information
- Sunrise and sunset times for the day
- Moon phase
- Visibility reading
- UV Index
You can click on any day's forecast to see a full 24 hour temperature, precipitation, wind, humidity and UV index chart, along with an hour-by-hour sky condition chart.
Forecast Bar automatically determines your location to provide hyper-local weather data. In addition, you can store unlimited favorited locations, and switch between them easily using keyboard shortcuts.
Forecast Bar supports Dark Sky’s Time Machine feature. Time Machine gives you the ability to check the current weather conditions at a given time, in the past 70 years or the next 70 years.
Forecast Bar offers full support for light and dark menu bar modes, and carefully conserves your computer's power. You can even fully customize what shows in your menu bar or dock on your dock badge. Assign a global keyboard shortcut to show Forecast Bar any time! Even more, there is a Today widget you can use in your Notification Center.
With Notification Forwarding, you can forward precipitation alerts to Forecast Bar for iPhone and iPad! Your Mac will automatically check the weather depending on where your phone is and send notifications when precipitation is coming (requires Forecast Bar for iOS). In addition, you can send the current temperature to iOS devices as an icon badge!
*** Includes a 7-day trial of automatic updates subscription ***
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. They will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period (either monthly or annually) unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions or turn of auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Terms of Service: http://bit.ly/fbtermsofuse
This huge update brings a brand new weather provider from The Weather Company! Powered by IBM's Watson, The Weather Company provides access to thousands of hyper-local personal weather stations bringing you the most accurate reports as well as long-range 14 day forecasts. Additionally, we've crushed bugs and issues reported by customers.
(Forecast Bar continues to offer Dark Sky data from Settings > General > Weather Source).
Ratings and Reviews
Humidity Not Accurate
Generally, this app is OK, but the “feels like” (humidex value) is usually wrong, and often by more than than a couple of degrees. For example, recently the humidex has been 40 in my area. The app showed it as about 10 degrees below the actual value. I am using this as the free trial, but I will not purchase it becasue of the inaccuracies.
Can’t switch from Cesius to Fahrenheit...
… which drives me INSANE!!!
Yes, I am Canadian, however I’m OLD enough to have learned the imperial (you know… the RIGHT one) system in school, and it’s still ingrained with me. I’ll be darned if I open my calculator to convert from C to F every time I want to know the temperature… because 30ºC really means bugger to me except that it’s on the hot side which could be anywhere from 85ºF to 100ºF in my mind! 😤
Excellent app just missing one thing?
I really like this app and while it has the moon phase I don’t see or can find where it shows the moon rise/set times?
The app is handy and full of details that can be found if so desired.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.