A powerful, flexible graphing calculator
Does far more than most calculators out there.
1) Scientific Calculator. Simple to grasp and easy to use, but powerful features are available when you need them. Available functions include the following:
• the usual arithmetic functions and exponentiation.
• square root, cube root, nth root, natural log, log base 10, log of arbitrary base, absolute value, factorial, permutations (nPr), combinations (nCr), modulus, random integer, bell curve, cumulative normal distribution, decimal to fraction.
2) Graphing. Capabilities:
• Graph up to four equations at once.
• Graphs are labeled.
• You can drag the graph or pinch to zoom in or out.
• Calculator can find roots and intersections.
• Graph in polar coordinates.
• Graph parametric equations
• Can graph implicit functions, such as x^2+y^2-4=0. Most calculator apps can't do this!
3) A unit converter. With a tap, you can enter the result of your conversion into the calculator. Currently converts different units of the following: acceleration, angle, area, density, distance, energy, force, mass, power, pressure, speed, temperature, time, and volume. Great for doing physics homework!
4) Constants for scientific calculations -- speed of light, strength of gravity at Earth's surface, etc. etc. etc. Tapping on a constant will insert it into your calculation -- i.e, you don't have to key in the value. Again, great for doing physics homework!
5) It can make a table of the values of any function you care to enter. You can choose the starting x value of the table, as well as how much x increases for each successive row.
6) Help screens linked directly to many of the available functions and constants. Tap the disclosure arrow to see the definition.
7) Forgot the quadratic formula? Or the double-angle formulas for sine and cosine? The math/science reference hits the high points of various subjects. Currently includes algebra, differential and integral calculus, geometry, trigonometry, vectors, vector calculus, and classical mechanics.
8) Keep track of significant figures [AKA sig figs]
9) Statistics -- enter data and make a histogram, box and whisker plot, or scatter plot with optional regression line.
If you are viewing this in iTunes, you will see five iPhone screenshots and five iPad screenshots. But even ten shots don't come close to showing everything this calculator can do.
I'd love to hear your comments or suggestions. You can write me at email@example.com -- but without the xyz. Thanks!
Fix bug with in-app purchase
Ratings and Reviews
Still have ads after paying to remove them
I have used this app off and on for a while and decided that if I wanted to keep it, it would be without ads. So I paid the $1.39 to get rid of them.
Surprise! They are still there. I tried the button in the app that is supposed to fix that, which did not work. I even removed and re-installed it to no avail.
I have emailed the company but no response yet.
The app is easy to use and has other features that help such as triangle solvers, polynomial calculators and even references.
I've used this app all through my high school senior years, and through university.
Now as a Math teacher and tutor, I always suggest this app to my students looking to study better and for graphing aids, since many of them already have iphones/ipods but don't have the money to buy a graphing calculator.
In many ways, the simplicity and visuals of this app alone beats out the complexity of many $100graphing calculators.
For some reason whenever I type in an equation using a logarithmic function the entire app crashes. I purchased the full app in hopes that this would solve the problem but I'm afraid it didn't. Very disappointing.
- William Jockusch
- 18.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © William Jockusch 2010-2016
- In-App Purchases
- Remove ads $1.39
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.