Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And now Live Loops makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar or bass into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 9 allow you to play, record and edit third-party instrument Apps right into GarageBand. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ*
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger any Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Start with a collection of Apple-designed templates like EDM, House and Hip Hop
• Customize a grid or build your own with a library of over 1,200 Apple Loops in a variety of popular genres
• Create your own loop by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument, or live instruments like voice, or guitar
• Use Remix FX and Multi-Touch to perform DJ-style effects like filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching
• Tap the record button and capture your Live Loop performance
Drummer for iOS
• Add a virtual session Drummer to your song who takes direction and plays realistic grooves
• Choose from 9 acoustic or electronic drummers
• Each Drummer provides their own signature sound and the ability to create a over a million realistic groove and fills
• Fine-tune the drum performance using simple controls that influence the groove and which drums are played
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual guitar and bass amps & stompboxes
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch****
• Play, record and edit performances from third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume or fine-tune your mix using the Simple EQ, compressor, echo and reverb
• Record the movement of controls on a Touch Instrument
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
* Live Loops is available on iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad (4th generation), or later devices.
** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, or later devices. Multi-track recording requires compatible third party audio interface.
*** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extension instruments apps from the App Store.
**** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
• Quickly navigate long lists of Apple Loops using a new alphabetical sidebar
• Use Multi-Touch to select multiple regions simultaneously in the Tracks area
• Send songs as an audio file using AirDrop
• Share GarageBand songs via Mail as uncompressed audio
• Apply your own custom images to songs shared to YouTube and Facebook
• Support for Shared iPad in iOS 9.3
AU Fx support
Love the direction this app is going, next could we have AU fx support and AU presets in instruments.
Everything is great but the live loops only work with a A6 chip and I have an a5 chip in my iPod. Please fix that so I can use the full functionality of this app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 16, 2016
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 1.33 GB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Canada, Inc.
- © 2011-2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete collection of GarageBand instruments and soundsFree