Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Rebuilt from the ground up with a fresh new look and amazing new features, GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with brand-new bass amps, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Stay in perfect tune with a larger, more responsive Tuner
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the all-new interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 15 players from rock, alternative, songwriter and R&B genres*
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
All-new Sound Library
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Get even more sounds, loops and lessons with a one-time in-app purchase
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use new bass amp models to dial up clean and distorted tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Matching to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Create a ringtone, export to your iTunes library or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers.
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
Works with Logic Remote for iPad
• Use your iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons* for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock and pop
• Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous**
• Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and use How Did I Play to get feedback on how accurately you played
* The complete set of GarageBand sounds, loops and drummers, as well as access to the GarageBand Lesson Store, is available with a one-time in-app purchase.
** GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
What's New in Version 10.0.1
This update improves stability and addresses a number of minor issues.
Not for podcasting
I used Garageband for only one reason: Podcasting. Fast easy. Loved it. 10.0 & 10.0.1 dropped that feature. So I give 2 stars for removing features that are appreciated.
Luckily you can still get 6.0.5 (when I upgraded it saved it) not sure how other people can get it but just remember— no podcasting.
Read other reviews for any other feature- I am sure the other bits are great.
Let’s be honest
Visualy, the new garageband is stunning. The layout is simple, and very pro looking. The session drummer is also a nice touch. This is a good substitute for a metronome to get a song started with a certain feel. The presets sound incredible and the smart controls are easy to access and manipulate plus, compare button is a very nice addition.
unfortunatly though, these are the only pros I have for this application… The lack of sound personization is very present, and also the absence of being able to create a new instrument from scratch is a major bummer. in garageband 6 it was possible to choose a sound modual such digital mono and sculp the sound to my nee dings. all this is gone leaving only the very lgith smart controls for very light sound customisation.
This is basicaly what I thought of the new app the second paragraph can go on forever…i just neeed to get this out there.
Update, but a downgrade
I loved garageband for my recreational music writing. I’d hate to see how disappointed a serious user would be with the mass of features that are now removed. Why did I pay for garageband when I bought my Macbook if I’m going to be urged to pay for features I’ve always had before?
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 06, 2013
- Version: 10.0.1
- Size: 749 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Apple Canada, Inc.
- © 2004-2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete Set of Content$4.99