Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Garmin HomePort provides an interface for viewing Garmin marine chart products and managing geographic and nautical data. With HomePort, you can:
• View marine chart products pre-loaded on your GPS device, including BlueChart, BlueChart g2, and BlueChart g2 Vision chart products.
• Transfer waypoints, routes, and tracks to and from your GPS device or your SD card.
• Create, view, and edit marine waypoints, routes, and tracks.
• Organize saved waypoints, routes, and tracks.
• Find items, such as marine points of interest and navigation aids, included in your detailed chart data.
• View chart data as a navigational chart or as a fishing chart on supported chart products.
• View tide stations, current stations, and water-depth information included in your detailed chart data.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
• Added the ability to display and search for markers from ActiveCaptain.
• Added the playback of recorded sonar data.
• Added support for Garmin Cloud Storage.
• Added Russian language support.
• Added ability to report chart errors.
• Fixed various stability issues.
I'm always looking for better maps for inland lakes for Ontario. The Garmin maps are pretty good by my GPS is only usable from the boat's power source. The Garmin website does not make it obvious this product is available for my Mac and can read the same SD card to view the maps. Finally I can view those maps from my computer and plot routes etc..