By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Gboard is a new keyboard from Google for your iPhone. It has all the things you would expect from a great keyboard — GIFs, emojis, and Glide Typing — plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and send, right from your keyboard.
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
What's New in Version 1.13.0
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Would give 5* if French Canada was available. Is this coming soon?
Swipe typing is horrible at predicting common contractions
Word prediction needs to get better especially when glide typing very common contractions. More word suggestions should be available.
The size is good on iPhone but the giant iPad keyboard makes swipe writing a chore because you need to drag your whole hand across the screen to get to the next letter. There should be an option to make it smaller in the iPad version. Also options for punctuation are a lot less convenient on the iPad version. Holding the period button only gives one option for other punctuation symbols, whereas iPhone version gives many options.
Swiping on the space-bar gives a super useful cursor, which is exclusive to the 3D touch devices on the default keyboard. Glide typing is very good too but very bad at contractions. It's hard to write "you're", "they're" and many other common contractions by swiping.
Still room for improvement
Love the swipe keyboard. Moving the cursor doesn't work with 3D touch and we can't move vertically between lines of text. A one hand keyboard would be appreciated.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 12, 2017
- Version: 1.13.0
- Size: 173 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.