Gerty is a simple and meticulously crafted app to read your books and record great memories as you read them. eBook reader, journal, notes, photos, maps - you've never seen anything like this before!
- Open books in the EPUB format
- Separate library for paper and eInk books, magazines, and other publications
- Scan barcodes to look up info and covers of your paper books
- Organise your books in shelves
- Bulk manage, sort and filter books
- Advanced EPUB formatting including margins and spacing
- Vastly improved EPUB rendering based on Marvin's fantastic display engine
- Specialty OpenDyslexic font
- Vertical scroll reading design
- Auto scroll with variable speed and estimated reading time (*)
- Screen edge detection for paging
- Apply screen warmth for comfortable nighttime reading
- EPUB 3 popup footnotes
- Automatically add definitions you’ve learnt to your timeline (*)
- Link to custom dictionary apps and web services (*)
- Create custom commands to integrate with many apps and services (*)
- One-tap Dropbox access to your EPUB books
- Drag and drop books using iTunes
JOURNALLING & NOTE TAKING FEATURES
- Keep a personal journal, notes, a private blog, marginalia, or write a photo essay while you're reading
- Relive memories by browsing your entries and notes on maps
- Save passages and notes as journal entries
- Take photos and process them with stunning effects
- Unified timeline
- Photo and tag browser
- Share journal entries and photos
- Geo-tag entries
- Full screen photo and entry browsing
- All your entries are private
- Export your timeline to an EPUB journal (*)
OTHER NOTABLE FEATURES
- Works beautifully on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Passcode lock (*)
- Native maps support
- Efficient cloud syncing and backups using Dropbox (*)
- Sound effects
- In-book reading timers (*)
- Daily reading and journalling reminders
- Modern iOS features including parallax and motion effects
- Detects GPS and date information from photo EXIF data
- Light and dark UI themes (*)
- In-book UI automatically switches to night mode when the screen is dimmed (*)
- AirDrop, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and iMessage sharing
- Powerful URL schemes to integrate with other apps
- Gerty opens DRM-free EPUB books with basic support for EPUB 3
- Barcode lookups might not work for all books
- OpenDyslexic currently supports the basic Latin character set
- Dropbox access and syncing requires a Dropbox account
(*) Some premium features require a single, one-time, “unlock everything” in-app purchase.
App Store reviews really help Gerty. If you enjoy Gerty and find it useful, please consider taking a moment to leave a nice review or rating. Thanks and happy reading!
What's new in Gerty:
- Added support for iOS document pickers - get books from iCloud Drive, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, and more (*)
- Improved compatibility with future system updates.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when accessing statistics.
- Other small bug fixes, enhancements, and refinements.
(*) Requires iOS 8, and the corresponding app (e.g. OneDrive) that supports document provider extensions.
If you're enjoying Gerty, please find a moment to leave a review and tell your friends. It really, really helps.
Ratings and Reviews
can't connect to dropbox, cant highlight, useless
there is no way to try it, so i paid for a useless app. pls, can i have my money back?
Clean interface, no nonsense
Fewer bells & whistles than some, which is good for actual reading versus interface twiddling
Best app for readin
This app is great its just the thing that i was searching for reading epub
- Appstafarian Limited
- 28.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015, Appstafarian Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.