Out exploring on your snowmobile? Take your own mobile trail assistant for the ride!
The Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) brings an enhanced version of its web application to your pockets, making for a better riding experience than ever. Working both with and WITHOUT mobile data coverage, you will be able to enjoy the app’s functionalities no matter where you are on the trails.
This mobile app gives you access to the following *OFFLINE* features, anywhere, anytime, even in areas without cell coverage :
- See your location on the map through your phone’s GPS signal
- View nearby restaurants, gas stations, hotels, parkings and other services
- Access the trails conditions as per the last data connection available
- See the distance between you and a specific point (as the crow flies)
- Easily access a list of curated snow tours
- Quickly save and load itineraries
Getting back to a zone with mobile coverage? Enjoy these additional *ONLINE* features :
- Keep an eye on updated trail statuses for the best riding experience
- Easily meet with friends by sharing your position with each other (no one else can see your location)
- Plan out an itinerary and share it with your group
Welcome to the Go Snowmobiling Ontario 2018-2019! mobile experience and enjoy the ride!
- Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- **This purchase allows you to access up-to-date OFSC trail information for the 2018-2019 winter season. A new purchase will be required for the 2019-2020 season.**
The main focus of the release is to correct problems around the usage of the device's GPS. Here is the list of what has changed:
- Device GPS usage optimization to save battery life
- Enhancement of the precision of your location detection
Notes et avis
Limited map detail
You know what’s useful in a mapping app? Map information. The scale of map is useless in northern ontario. Using topo maps at this scale is ridiculous. Only large lakes are named, no satellite overlay and lack of road names. Good luck if you get lost.
The only thing this app is useful for is seeing what the trail status is.
Developers should look at Waze app. At least users could post data about hazards and trail conditions at specific points.
NOT worth the $$.
Réponse du développeur ,
Thank you for your feedback. An option to enable higher resolution maps is in the plans.
Should have read the reviews.
Many trails in and out of towns (Kirkland lake just as an example) and major town street names are not labelled which is precisely what is needed to safely guide you.
Old version much better
Not sure what an was behind this app. It is nice it will work without data, but the massive updates and limited zoom features make it fairly limited compared to the web based trail map. The old app from a few years ago worked much better.
- Mapgears Inc.
- 341.7 Mo
- Nécessite iOS 10.0 ou une version ultérieure. Compatible avec l’iPhone, l’iPad et l’iPod touch.
- Français, Anglais
- Classé 4+
- Cette app est susceptible d’utiliser votre position même lorsqu’elle n’est pas ouverte, ce qui peut réduire l’autonomie de votre appareil.
- © 2018 Mapgears Inc and Igloo Creations Inc
Prend en charge
Si vous avez activé le partage familial, vous pourrez partager cette app parmi six membres de votre famille.