GoCodeEditor is a Code Editor optimized for fast opening and editing local and remote files (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, FTP, SFTP/SSH) on your iOS Device.
• Sublime like Code-Editor!
• Universal App (use it on your iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch)
• iPhone X (s/s Max) support
• Full iPad Pro support (including smart keyboard support, shortcuts, split-screen multitasking)
• NEW! Multi-caret Editing
• NEW! Siri Shortcuts
- create newfile / start shell / connect to shell / preview
- more soon...
• Drag & Drop Support
- Support for Drag & Drop files from the Files App
- Support for Drag & Drop files / repos and folders from Working Copy App
- Support for Dragging local files from GoCoEdit to other Apps
• Compatible with Apple Watch
Start a ssh-shell from your wrist right now!
Run your self defined scripts with one tap.
• Extra keybar with swipe functions and trackball to precisely move the cursor and select text
• Syntax highlighting
for many coding languages like:
• Some comfort features: code hinting, auto indent, auto close brackets, line wrapping, smart indent, tag and bracket matching, find by regular expression, replace, replace all, symbolic/function search for many syntax modes
• Quick CMD-mode (keep your hands on the On-Screen-Keyboard)
- p.e. press cmd+c, cmd+v to copy and paste selected text
- over 15 shortcuts supported
• Different themes ( include solarized, monokai and many more ) and font-sizes
• Import / export / open files from icloud drive and other file providers
• Open entire folders or repositories from the Git client Working Copy or the Files App using the iOS document picker
- Custom Syntax Modes -- create your own Syntax highlighting modes
now you can write own modes and use it for your own file types
- Custom Themes -- create your own editor themes
- Snippets -- use short fragments of text again and again
( with filed and placeholders support )
( in iPad version resizeable for preview iPad or iPhone layouts )
• Markdown Preview & HTML Export
• Connect to your servers via SFTP, FTP, DRIVE, ONEDRIVE or DROPBOX
( "OneDrive for Business" in not supported at this moment - will be available soon )
• NEW! File has changed detection
( GCE is now able to detect external file changes on local and remote files )
• Upload and Download files/folders or edit files directly on your server/dropbox/drive/onedrive without download
• Very fast reconnect and recover of open files after restart
• Edit your files directly on your server without download.
• Integrated Shell (ssh) to perform background tasks like a Grunt, Gulp, npm or another shell job
( type direct or define scripts and run it with a single tap )
• Supporting iOS10, iOS11 features like textselection by cursor, Splitview, Slide-Over and Drag & Drop
• 3D Touch support
- Show/move cursor by 3D touch the keyboard
- Quick Actions (new file, start shell, connect shell to last server, show preview of last file)
• External/Bluetooth keyboard support
( all iOS shot-cut keys are supported + lots of shortcuts available )
If you want to support the project and increase the development speed become a patreon.
• • • NEW in GoCoEdit 14.1 • • •
• Added support for the new iPad lineup
• Updated themes and syntax modes
• Fixed a search and replace bug
• Fixed some other tiny bugs
• • • NEW in GoCoEdit 14 • • •
• Support for iOS 12 and the new iPhone X(s/s Max) added
• Siri Shortcuts added
- newfile/show shell/connect shell/preview
- more soon...
• Shortcuts App support added
• NEW! Syntax modes
- VUE (js)
• Updated Syntax modes
• Multi-Caret editing - updated smart select
- Create multiple cursors and edit it together
• Fixed Google drive hiding some files (b)
• Changed Passcode handling!
- Please reenable Passcode to keep using it
• Some UI improvements
• Many smaller bugfixes
Any improvement ideas or issues? Please, drop me a mail. (email@example.com)
If you like GoCoEdit please leave a short review on the AppStore.
Thank you for reading :)
Ratings and Reviews
Simply the best
Simply the best editor out there :-))
Mobile editing done right
I’ve used this app for the past year now and I can say that although I don’t edit code often on my phone, when I do, it’s good to know that I can count on this app to do it properly. Good job Great app.
Pretty good, but it lacks 1 specific capability.
Overall, GoCoEditor is a pretty good mobile IDE; not only is it easy to use, but it's also very responsive, quite reliable, provides an array of useful features, and it's well maintained by its developer(s).
However, be that as it may, there is a certain capability I am interested in utilizing which has not been incorporated into this app. There are several other apps that do provide such a capability, and those apps do it well. Though, this app is much more responsive and is easier to use, so much so that if it were to provide the specific capability I require, it would become THE ultimate coding app, and would definitely warrant a 5-star rating from me. The capability in question is the ability to run PHP code and see its output.
But, until then, if you're also interested in an app that can run PHP code in a server-like environment, check out "DraftCode".
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.