God and Mr. Gomez (by Jack Smith)
By Blackstone Audio, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GOD AND MR. GOMEZ by Jack Smith (unabridged) is presented by Blackstone Audio and comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available (see FEATURES, below).
“[A] bizarre variety of adventures….a hazardous but hilarious experience.” (Los Angeles Times)
When Jack and Denny Smith decide to build a vacation dream house in Baja, California, they encounter “a bizarre variety of adventures…hazardous but hilarious” (Los Angeles Times) through which they discover that, ultimately, building a house takes God and Mr. Gomez.
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling on a tiny screen. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the exact same 5-star recording offered elsewhere at much higher prices. It was professionally recorded by Blackstone Audio’s Earphones-winning narrator, William Dufris. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
"A charming account…Mr. Gomez, on whom all depends, is a delightful character-creation." (Clifton Fadiman)
• EXPERIENCE. About 7 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for books, functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: 9+ Suitable for adults who enjoy funny and whimsical real-life tales.
When Jack and Denny Smith decided to build a vacation dream house in Baja, California, they had no idea they were entering a phase of their lives “that would capture the fancy of readers throughout the United States.” Through a series of strange and whimsical adventures, they would find that building a house takes God and Mr. Gomez.
As their house took form first in their imaginations and then on paper, little things went wrong along the way. The building site had a way of moving slightly each time they visited it, and by the time the foundation was laid, it had moved to the middle of the road. Gomez got around that by simply moving the road. Fortunately, Gomez was always on hand to provide the solution, with the philosophy that all practical problems can be solved—with a little time and a little tequila.
What's New in Version 2.4.2
• Added compatibility for iOS 5
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
• Updated user interface and experience
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 30, 2011
- Version: 2.4.2
- Size: 186 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Blackstone Audio, Inc
- Copyright©2009-2011 Blackstone Audio. Portions copyright©2009-2011 by Folium Partners.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.