By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.2.0
• Filter searches for restaurants by cuisine type
• See current weather information for cities around the world
• Drop a pin for your starting and destination points in directions and navigation
• Business owners, claim your listing page to manage your presence on Maps
• Additional options for sharing places
• Bug fixes
Out of date maps
Live In Calgary and tons of stuff not updated still a good app though
Still needs something
I used to use Google Maps all the time, but then switched over to using the Apple Maps because they are actually accurate around where I live. Despite what people say. What's keeping me from using Google Maps? Well in its current iteration, the lack of feature set.
I do remember being able to control the level of zoom when using the navigation. Now it seems to be arbitrary and I have to manually zoom in every time.
There's also no way to access my Contacts app on my phone. I am sure this is very doable.
Our phones have gotten a lot better and more powerful. Please Google, get rid of this hideous 30fps cap you're imposing on this app.
Lastly, every other developer seems to have gotten the hint, NIGHT MODE! Especially with the sizes of iPhone 6 and 6+ screens, we need this now more than ever. I don't need to be blinded and distracted by a bright white rectangle by my dash when driving at night.
still no via waypoints
every time a new update comes out I expect to see this feature returned. Every time, I am disappointed. It is still handy in town to go point A to B when B is unfamiliar, but it is next to useless for planning a road trip tour or a series of errands.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 15, 2015
- Version: 4.2.0
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.