• Text translation: Translate between 103 languages by typing
• Offline: Translate with no internet connection (59 languages)
• Instant camera translation: Translate text in images instantly by just pointing your camera (38 languages)
• Photos: Take or import photos for higher quality translations (37 languages)
• Conversations: Translate bilingual conversations on the fly (32 languages)
• Handwriting: Draw text characters instead of typing (93 languages)
• Phrasebook: Star and save translated words and phrases for future reference (all languages)
• Microphone for speech translation
• Camera for translating text via the camera
• Photos for importing photos from your library
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Fixed the issue that sometimes Chinese can not be translated
Ratings and Reviews
How google has fallen
If this was just a few months ago, I would be giving a five star no problem.
However, I have noticed quite obviously that google has but "fused" some languages together. Languages such as traditional and simplified Chinese. I used to be able to switch between the two. Not anymore.
The only reason I even installed Google Translate was so I could interpret not only from simplified to traditional and vice-versa, but also because my family uses traditional. In fact, other countries also use traditional Chinese.
Google didn't just disappoint a fellow user giving a review, but disappointed many a countries.
I hope you realize this Google.
Thank you for your time. (If you even read this)
Add Grammatical Gender!
This is a great app and it works fantastically for many languages. The one thing I really want to see added is grammatical gender for languages such as French, Spanish, and Italian. I often find myself using google translate but then having to use a second app also to find the gender of the word in question. When you translate a single word or a sentence, it should say in small letters above the word “m” or “f” for masculine or feminine. Otherwise great app, but this change would be much appreciated!
- Google, Inc.
- 73 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.