GOToronto: GO Transit Sidekick
By tripleQuad Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A full featured, yet easy to use app for GO Transit riders in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) in Ontario, Canada. Get live statuses over the Internet, and regardless of connection, find the fastest trips for your destination (up to 2 transfers). Beautiful in iOS 7 with universal support for iPhone and iPad.
● Current status for both trains and buses as reported by GOTransit.com
● Live platform departure status for ALL train stations
● Find times by departure/arrival stops for trips (up to 2 transfers) without needing an Internet connection. Automatically checks for new schedules to download within the app when launched with an Internet connection.
● Adult fares for all planned trips without an Internet connection. Full fare info if you do.
● Quick table view of the shortest trips
● Find the closest stop to your current location. Easily launch the Maps app with directions loaded for getting to your selected stop.
Take a look at the screenshots to see how easy and useful this app is!
"I know designing a good search interface is hard, but yours is already pretty good. Having schedules is what makes the app worth purchasing, so you’ve got the right idea there. I’ve always been frustrated with the GO website, your app is already easier to use!" -Michael
"Your app is awesome. A fantastic idea. It shows how to use technology to improve our lives." -Miguel
● Tap on the "From"/"Travel to" table cells to set your trip departure/arrival.
● In the trips view, use the icon in the upper-right corner to switch between details and overview mode.
● Use the "Info" button at the top-right of the Search screen to get explanations on the schedules.
Send any problems to tripleQuadSupport@gmail.com
● If you experience crashing when starting up after an upgrade, delete the app and download again (free of charge) from the App Store.
● To get the latest schedule, connect to the Internet first, then launch GOToronto and go to the Schedule screen. A prompt should come up automatically asking to be downloaded. If not prompted, then tap the "refresh" icon at the bottom next to the Last Updated message. If you experience problems downloading, try again after restarting your device (turn it off and on).
GOToronto is not affiliated nor endorsed by GO Transit. Data used in this product or service is provided with the permission of Metrolinx. Metrolinx makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or currency of the data used in this product or service.
What's New in Version 2.7.2
If you enjoy GOToronto, please update reviews every new release to tell the world!
● Fix problem where slow direct trips stopped showing in version 2.7.1
● Update for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus [v2.7.0]
● Minor usability improvements [v2.7.0]
● iOS 6.0 is now required [v2.7.0]
Awesome app!! Keep up the great work!!! Metrolinx should hire you!!! Best GO transit app!
Just what I need
This should be the official GO schedule app. It does a great job. I've never had a problem with it.
Worth the $
I love this app. I've had it since 2010 and it continues to serve me well. Never messes up. It's easy to use and intuitive and doesn't give me more information than I need.
I noticed the system map needs an update now though (danforth is on the stouffville line now) but the routes are always up to date and the in-app updates of the maps are always fast. (About 1MB downloads which you can download from the app without having to restart. It never takes more a few seconds.)
Whoever made this app should make all the apps for TTC, YRT, etc.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 27, 2015
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Edward Lam
- © 2015 Edward Lam
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.