- TIME Magazine’s 15 Fantastic Gadgets
“Perfect for hiking or mountain biking.”
“The GPS Kit app... has a number of excellent outdoor uses, especially [for] hiking, biking or geocaching.”
- NBC’s ‘The Browser’ Radio Show
“Most beneficial for adventure-type guys.”
Top-of-the-line GPS system for adventurers and professionals in the great outdoors.
Designed for outdoor activities such as:
hiking, hunting, camping, skiing, cycling, geocaching, mountain biking, motorcycling, off-roading, fishing, and other romping in or out of the backcountry—ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
GPS Kit is a full-featured GPS system for the iPhone that combines all the functionality of expensive handheld units with the power of wireless technology. Using advanced technology optimized for the iPhone, GPS Kit offers a superbly easy-to-use system that puts data from a wide range of sensors at your fingertips.
Highest Quality Mapping
- Fastest maps in the App Store
- Smooth, elegant interaction
- Offline Mode enables use out of cell range
- No data connection required if map is cached
- Use your own map sources
Simple, Powerful Data Handling
- Mail links for Google Earth & map viewing
- Full-color thumbnails of data sets
- Group tracks and waypoints together
- Most options for export and import of data
- Open KML, KMZ, & GPX from Mail & Safari
- Attach KML & GPX files to email
- Export GPX & KML through iTunes
- Share your adventures on Facebook and Twitter
- Add photos and notes to waypoints
- Drag map to reposition as coordinates update
- UTM, USNG, MGRS
- Long-press to quickly drop a waypoint
- Navigate to waypoints using compass
- Magnetic compass (3GS, 4, iPad)
- Option to use current travel direction on compass
- See distance to waypoint update in real-time
Weather Stations (U.S. Only)
- Create "weather stations" to get point forecasts
- Get data specific to your fishing hole, ski tour, etc.
- Data provided by the National Weather Service
- Unlimited stations
Intelligent Data Collection
- Uses maximum GPS accuracy
- Real satellite positioning even without cell signal
- Auto-segmentation of tracks for clean tracks
Fully Customizable Dashboard
- Gorgeous high contrast display
- Huge variety of parameters and units
- Time, Trip Time, Track Time
- Elevation Change
- Formatted Position (Lat/Lng, UTM, MGRS, USNG)
- Accuracy, Speed, Odometer, Avg Speed
- Max Speed, Pace, Avg. Pace
- Moving Time, Stopped Time, Direction
- 3-Axis Inclinometer and Glide Ratio
- Customizable cell on map
Loaded with Related Utilities
- Elevation and speed graphs
- On-map tracking controls and timer
- On-map ruler
- Multi-touch area measurements
* Use of "Squawk!" requires an Internet connection and extended use may adversely impact battery life
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
- updated to 64 bit
- updated for new screen sizes
- fixed weather stations
- fixed sharing
Ratings and Reviews
Bring back squawk!!!!
This app was only useful to me and my friends with the squawk feature. Why does your site say it is included in the app when it is NOT?!?! You’d be 5 stars if you brought it back. This app is now trash.
The best GPS application for the iPhone.
Cached maps make this application the number one choice for hikers.
Suggestions for improvement...
Interface could be refined for a cleaner design with better colours, icons and fonts.
An altitude log over the distance travelled would be a great tool if it could be on a seperate page noting waypoints and allowing for lateral scrolling.
A camera with picture abilities to mark waypoints, and tracks with icons.
Ability to rotate maps depending on heading direection, along with icon noting North.
Ability to turn off all cellular services and data for an only gps mode.
Wifi data transfer to computer of track and waypoint data.
Ability to import detailed maps and images related to trails over wifi.
Visual gps satalite reference
Ability to rate trails downloaded
Batery remaining percent and estimated time.
Cache map dowload option for all topo levels
I like it!
I bought this app and I like it. Did some tracking and emailed to myself for Google maps and found it to be fairly accurate. I am sure there will be future GPS apps by big names but this is the best so far. The developer's web site is another matter. There needs to be some information we can use other than a shaky video taken in a vehicle.
- Garafa, LLC
- 19.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Garafa, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.