The sprawling crime epic that changed open-world games forever.
Welcome to Liberty City. Where it all began.
Rockstar Games celebrates the 10th anniversary of one of the most influential games of all time. The critically acclaimed blockbuster Grand Theft Auto III comes to mobile devices, bringing to life the dark and seedy underworld of Liberty City. With a massive and diverse open world, a wild cast of characters from every walk of life and the freedom to explore at will, Grand Theft Auto III puts the dark, intriguing and ruthless world of crime at your fingertips.
With stellar voice acting, a darkly comic storyline, a stunning soundtrack and revolutionary open-world gameplay, Grand Theft Auto III is the game that defined the open world genre for a generation.
• Visually stunning updated graphics, character and vehicle models
• HD quality resolution
• Gameplay optimized for touch screen devices
• Custom controls for the mobile platform
• Countless hours of gameplay
Languages Supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese.
Grand Theft Auto III is supported on iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4, iPad 1 and iPad 2.
For optimal performance, we recommend re-booting your device after downloading and closing other applications when playing Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition.
Port developed by War Drum Studios
Ratings and Reviews
iPhone X/Xs Max support
Game needs to be full screen
Content wise this game is amazing. Lots to do. Now that I’ve said that; I was having fun until the first “race” mission where you have to race across town. Having played many racing games oh lord this is bad. 12 attempts still didn’t make it far before rolling the car and failing. There are only little dots showing up occasionally to guide you, no clue where you’re going, and the slightest bump from another car almost sends you into a front flip. The driving mechanics themselves are laughably bad; car either turns very little or a LOT which causes you to spin out making any “accuracy” for turns nearly impossible. The auto-target component of gunplay isn’t a bad idea but when you have a target to shoot and the auto target makes you shoot civilians and get cops on you before you even start the mission...that’s bad. So....for $7....lots of content but it’s impossible to get through because of the terrible controls.
Great game but glitchy, and no cheats!
Been playing for years and was not glitchy before..
iPad Air 2/iOS 11 hangs, crashes, and locks up for seconds at a time during gameplay!!
Would also be nice if could change sensitivity of the analog steering..
Sucks most that cheats don’t work, deal breaker almost..
- Rockstar Games, Inc.
- 726.4 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humour
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011 Rockstar Games
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.