The Great Trail – Explore Canada
By Trans Canada Trail
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app is a trail guide and trip planner for anyone who wants to explore The Great Trail - Canada’s epic 24,000-km network of trails brought to you by Trans Canada Trail and its partners.
The Great Trail is made up of almost 500 individual trail sections, each with unique and varied features. For day trips or multi-day adventures, the Trail offers countless opportunities for Walking/hiking, cycling, paddling, horseback riding, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
Conquer the Trail
Select and learn about individual trails, upload your trail photos and see photos submitted by other adventure seekers.
Trip Planning made easy
Planning ahead is effortless with the easy-to-use search tool. Shortcuts to nearby points of interest makes finding a trailhead or rest area a breeze.
Understand the landscape
Visualize the journey ahead with the Measure Tool and calculate the distance you need to travel. Get a sneak peek of the elevation you’ll experience with the expanded elevation profile.
Track your trek
Remember every adventure with the Activity Tracker. Keep up with how much of the trail you’ve conquered and share your journey on all your favourite social networks.
We love hearing from users, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Condition: https://thegreattrail.ca/terms-conditions
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Winter is setting in and we've got a whole bunch of yummy changes and fixes as the holidays approach!
- More of your searches are saved to your search history, including searches the app auto completes for you
- Tapping a result under the Google Places section in the search results now focuses the map on that single result
- Tapping on the info drawer for Google Places results now refocuses the map on that Place rather than displaying that item's details view
- Results for trail searches now show results within the context of the rest of the trail rather than the trail segment by itself
- Search results that are plotted on maps (Google Places results, Trail Service markers) now re-zoom the map so that a trail segment is always visible within the user's camera view
- Changed the way results for Trail Services searches are presented: rather than showing individual results, categories which contain results that match the user's query are shown.
- Matching Google Places categories are presented when performing a search (in addition to individual results) so that users may tap a category to get filtered results
- Map views have been synchronized throughout the app; however, activating Activity Tracker will always attempt to zoom into the user's current location if possible
- Fixed bug that could sometimes cause map views to become unresponsive after returning from a search
- Various user interface enhancements, bug fixes and optimizations
Your feedback is important to us! Please send your comments to us at email@example.com
Good as far as I used
Not easy to find maps.
Can't find snowmobile maps. Not useful
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 29, 2016
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 94.6 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Subtitle Design Inc.
- © 2016 Trans Canada Trail
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.