The Guardian and Observer Daily Edition app beautifully re-imagines the newspaper for the iPad. Each issue showcases our comprehensive international reporting, thoughtful commentary, award-winning sports journalism and unique approach to culture, science, the environment, media and technology coverage.
- New editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- On Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- On Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- Crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every day, including the Prize cryptic on Saturday and the Speedy and Everyman puzzles with the Observer on Sunday
- Full compatibility with Apple’s Newsstand service - background downloading of every issue so it's ready for you when you want it
- Copy and select text or look up words using Apple’s inbuilt dictionary
- Editions from the last month available in the archive
- All article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- Stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- In-article image galleries and interactive graphics
- Video embedded in articles viewable when online
- Share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- Swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- Related articles within the edition highlighted
- Related online articles open in an in-app browser
The Guardian and Observer Daily Edition is free for a limited period then available via one of our monthly auto-renewable subscriptions:
- £11.99 for full seven-day access, saving over 25% compared with separate Guardian and Observer digital subscriptions
- £9.99 for Monday to Saturday (Guardian) issues only
- £6.99 for Sunday (Observer) issues only
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same cost as your chosen subscription
- You can manage your subscription via your iTunes account and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to the Guardian and Observer iPad edition
- The Guardian reserves the right to alter the pricing at any point
Please note - while Apple's Family Sharing feature can be used to share apps between up to six family members, it does not support the sharing of in-app purchases (as described in https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203046). This includes the auto-renewable subscriptions to the Guardian and Observer offered within this app, and you will therefore not be able to share any subscriptions purchased via iTunes Store with family members. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to advise you further.
- Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
Some small behind-the-scenes changes to social sign-in.
Ratings and Reviews
Huge pictures and awkwardly large type leave little room on the screen for information. This may be fine if you want to wallow in the publication but if you want to scan the headlines to select what to read, the web site or the other app is preferable.
Needs retina support!!
The developers of this app should look to the NYT for inspiration. It desperately needs among other things retina support, the ability to change text size and an overall better landscape mode. The content is there, it just needs a worthy vehicle to deliver it.
- Guardian News & Media Ltd
- 35.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2017, Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Sixday $17.99
- Everyday $21.99
- Sunday (add on) $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.