The Guggenheim’s iPad app brings together a rich array of content from the museum’s collections, exhibitions, and publications archive. The app offers users a unique exploratory experience and focuses on artworks as an entry point to deep engagement with multimedia content, including slideshows, audio commentary, essays, and video interviews with artists and curators.
Researchers and the general public alike have easy access to:
· Exhibition content from 2013 to the present
· Over 1,600 collection artworks
· More than 100 out-of-print publications dating back to the 1930s
The app also includes:
· Easy navigation by category, including Exhibitions, Collection, Building, Video, Publications, and Information
· Transcripts, closed captioning for videos, and text enlargement options
· Compatibility with VoiceOver
The Guggenheim app requires a Wi-Fi connection to stream content.
Ratings and Reviews
App crash on iPad Pro iOS 12.0.1
Not working on iPad Pro !
Must have for art lovers!
A simple, amazing app that lets you browse a vast modern art collection, get as much or as little info as you want and even flag your favourites! Great design!
- The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation
- 67.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- © 2015 The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation (SRGF). All rights reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.