The Guggenheim app responds to your location as you walk through the museum, offering rich multimedia content to explore during your visit or from home, including:
· Building and collection guides in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
· Exclusive audio, video, and images for select exhibitions
· Kids guides for select exhibitions
· A daily calendar with program details, a ticket purchase feature, and options to share an event or add it to your calendar
· Ability to select preferred language, and add or delete download content
· Verbal description guides to select exhibitions, plus transcripts, closed captioning, and text enlargement options
· Compatibility with voiceover on iOS devices
Features available exclusively at the museum include:
· Near Me, a responsive feature that automatically displays information about the artworks nearest you
· Messages about tours, film screenings, and other museum opportunities, customized to the time of day and your location in the building
It is recommended that users update to the latest version of iOS for optimal use.
An additional content download is required upon initial launch of the application.
Ratings and Reviews
The app requires a lot of downloads. Bit clunky
Better than most museum apps though. Even uses Bluetooth to show you nearby exhibits
Too bad the exhibits are boring.
Unable to run.
What a wonderful tool to not only tour the exhibition but to learn
about the background of Gutai. Loved the curators videos and hearing all about setting up the exhibition!
- The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation
- 73.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- © 2018 The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation (SRGF). All rights reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.