The Guitar Pro application allows all musicians to view and play sheet music and tablature made with the famous Guitar Pro tab-editing program for Windows and Mac.
This mobile version is the ideal companion for you to practice your favorite songs and share them at any time, anywhere! Coming up with some arpeggio, a riff, a chord sequence? You can now note and save it all on the single-track tablature NotePad.
Powerful score player
• Supporting GP3/4/5/6/7 (.gp) and PowerTab (.ptb) file formats,
• Tab (with rhythms), slash, and standard notations,
• Compatible with mySongBook portal to sheet music (monthly subscription excluded),
• Load files via WiFi and web browser, iTunes, e-mail,
• Integrated sheet-music library with search, filters, and favorites,
• Multitrack player with soundboard: volume / solo-mute / soundbanks,
• Metronome and visual countdown,
• 3 zooming levels,
• Guitar or bass fretboard (for right- and left-handers), and virtual keyboard,
• On-the-fly tempo changes,
• On-the-fly global transposing by half-tones,
• Playing any selection in loops,
• Simplified navigation between sections,
• E-mailing files directly from the application,
• Exporting files to PDF,
• Compatible with the Fretlight Wireless Guitar.
NotePad tool to create a tablature
• Use the NotePad to edit a single-track tablature for guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele, and mandolin,
• Tablature for 4- to 8-string instruments,
• 19 built-in sounds,
• Customizable tuning and tempo,
• Export your ideas into Guitar Pro 6 and 7 formats so as to later carry on with your composition on the Guitar Pro desktop version.
The app will be updated frequently, so feel free to contact our team to send a question or give your feedback.
For more info:
Need help: https://support.guitar-pro.com
Q: Can I create or edit sheet music with this app?
A: Unlike Guitar Pro for Windows and Mac, this app does not let you change the notation in an existing Guitar Pro file, or create sheet music in standard notation. It is however possible to edit a single-track tablature with the NotePad tool. Editing a drum track is not available with the NotePad tool.
Q: Can I open the sheet music I have purchased on mySongBook with this app?
A: If you bought a single tab or a songbook (single buying option) on mySongBook.com you can read your purchased music with the app but you cannot print it. If you use the monthly subscription, it is currently not possible to access your sheet music.
Thanks for using Guitar Pro! We provide regular updates so it continues to work great for you.
This new version improves compatibility with Guitar Pro 7 files and allows:
- Reading 9 and 10 strings tabs
- Opening password protected files (files locked in Guitar Pro 7 software to prevent opening or editing a music score).
Ratings and Reviews
Great but lacking repeat signs as of August 17th 2017
I purchased this app only to be able to write my own tabs for my students.
It is very easy to use and surprisingly to tab some riffs... BUT... this app really needs to be updated to include functions like repeat signs and boxes for ending 1 and 2. As of writing this, only normal bar lines can be used therefore I copy/paste the same riff 24 times if the riff is being played 24 times in a row in the song. That would be much easier to use repeat signs. PLUS it would help a lot to decrease the amount of pages needed to write the whole song. I'd be able to write the same some song in like 3-4 pages instead of 12-15 pages and my students wouldn't need to have a ton of paper to print it off.
That is the exact reason that I cannot use this app with my students right now. It takes way too many pages to write a song without using repeat signs.
Please update this app with repeat signs especially, but also with different endings, double bar and ending bar lines.
Also, the option to remove the staff and only put tabs in the PDF would be another great way to shorten the length of the tabs.
But overall, it is a very awesome app to write tabs on an iPhone. I just hope that they can update it with these added features I mentioned above in the near future.
Thank you for your really useful feedback. I forwarded it to our team.
Don't waste your money on this app. When searching for tabs, all it does is redirect you to other sites that want you to buy and install their app. Lousiest app I bought.
Works for me
I mainly use this app for practicing guitar. I play the songs through my amp and can play along to get the timing right. Easy features like being able to repeat a section and slowdown the playback are great learning tools.
- Arobas Music
- 35 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Arobas Music
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.