"Blanket recommendation for this one." - Pocket Tactics (5/5 stars)
"It's very simple to learn, but there's a huge amount of depth to the game" - Touch Arcade (5/5 stars)
Hoplite is a turn-based strategy game focusing on tactical movement around small maps.
This game is designed to be hard, yet fair. You'll need to think before you act if you hope to win. Every move counts!
• Make strategical choices to upgrade your abilities as you dive deeper into the underworld.
• Earn achievements and unlock access to new upgrades.
• Procedurally generated levels give a new experience every play.
• Challenge your friends and see how you rank on the leaderboard.
• Jump straight into the action with a randomized set of upgrades.
• Try to beat the daily challenge or play predetermined challenges at two difficulty levels.
Fixed music from other apps being muted while game is running.
Several minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
favorite mobile game!
favorite mobile game ever, phone is dying and running out of space but hoplite is forever. crashing on load right now however.
Finally, a great iOS roguelike!
I was skeptical about this game. I've tried all the iOS roguelikes over the years and feel like I've been burned so many times, but this one has nailed it. Unreserved recommendation.
Consider Every Move Carefully
I always surprised by how good a game can be without useless options and over worked UI. Hoplite does just that and delivers a compelling game build on great basics. In short, it is rogue-like chess.
The goal is only sixteen levels down. Sixteen punishing levels. If you move without a plan, you'll spend a lot of time on the first couple of levels. You want the Golden Fleece, Spartan? Think.
That's all. I gotta get back to this game!
- Douglas Cowley
- 174.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2013, Doug Cowley
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.