iCED Chinese Dictionary
By Murage Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCED Chinese Dictionary presents a unique way to use a Chinese dictionary. After you've found the entry you were searching for, iCED will continue to search for compound or component entries to complement your search. Component entry dissection allows you to quickly understand the meaning of components in longer words or phrases. For example, if you look up 中华人民共和国, iCED will also look up 中华 and 人民共和国. You can then select the latter to break it up into 人民 and 共和国. When you get to single characters, iCED will look up compound entries starting with that character.
This edition is ad-supported. Ads can be removed via an optional in-app purchase.
• Compatible with iOS 6, iOS 7 and iOS 8.
• Optimized for iOS 8 and Retina display.
• iPad optimized user interface.
• Internet connection not required after initial setup.
• Includes the Unihan character dictionary.
• Other dictionaries available for download: CC-CEDICT, CDICT5, CF-DICT (Chinese/French).
• Integrated search across all dictionaries using English words, Chinese characters (using the Chinese hand recognition built into the iPhone OS), Hanyu Pinyin (with or without tones) and radical index.
• See characters in large font for detailed view of character strokes.
• Search for the occurrence of a Chinese character or word anywhere in the entry. Browse through the list of results with a thumb index, sorted by where in the entry the search term was found (position 1, position 2, ...)
• Supports both traditional and simplified characters with an easy-toggle button. Great for learners who constantly flip back and forth!
• ¹Word lists. Save your searches in categorized word lists for later review.
• Back up your wordlists to your Dropbox or third-party WebDAV-enabled disk.
• Option to search contents of clipboard on startup or on app-switch to foreground
• Recents tab keeps track of searches for quick review.
• Supports landscape mode
• CC-CEDICT 2009-08-04 (86,588 entries)
• ABC CE Comprehensive 2009-06 (201,138 entries)
• ABC EC Dictionary 2009-06 (18,630 entries)
This free edition can be upgraded via in-app purchases to all the functionality of the other editions.
Follow us on Twitter @ murageinc
¹ You can create up to 4 word lists. Unlimited number of wordlists available via optional in-app purchase.
What's New in Version 3.5
This is a major maintenance update and contains mostly under-the-hood changes.
Please note that older devices and operating systems may no longer be supported.
Minimum requirements: iPhone 4 & iOS 6
• iOS 7 and iOS 8 compatibility.
• Removed app dependency on UDID for registering purchases. YOU WILL NEED TO RESTORE YOUR IN-APP PURCHASES.
• Registered purchases are now stored in your iOS keychain and shared by all app editions.
• If you use the Free Edition while another edition is installed, features and purchased add-ons from those editions will be activated.
• New Database Reset option in External Settings (Settings » iCED) in case database gets corrupted and app can't start.
• Removed status bar in landscape mode on iPhone for more viewing room.
• iPad works in landscape orientation only. Portrait orientation may return when UI is updated; focus for this version was iOS 7 & 8 compatibiity. This had to be done because a control had to be removed that was not compatible with iOS 7, 8.
• iPhone upside-down orientation removed.
• Online catalogue will now hide items that are no longer available for purchase.
• Fixed RAD button causing app to crash under iOS 7, 8.
• Network busy indicator fixes to prevent indicator from staying on when there is no network activity.
• Fixed an issue that could cause some dictionaries to get deleted.
• Fixed several issues when downloading dictionaries, including better stability, avoiding downloading the same dictionary multiple times and better handling of bundles.
• French and Chinese localization fixes.
• Fixed lots of memory management issues.
• Fixed issue that sometimes caused the Recents tab to not show any entries.
• Fixed crash that could happen if user backed out of some settings screens during network activity.
• Fixed issue that would sometimes cause some entries in ABC EC dictionary to show blank.
• Fixed issues with some "See" links in ABC EC dictionary that would cause them to not work.
• Lots of other small internal and cosmetic fixes
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 19, 2015
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Murage Inc.
- © 2008-2015 Murage Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$4.59
- Unlimited word lists$4.59