Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 500,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get popular magazines and newspapers with high-resolution color images
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 750,000 titles with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.12.1
Fixed a bug preventing some users from rotating books on iPads.
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Works quite well. I haven't experienced any glitches. I would like to file away books I've read and unread books but haven't found a way to do that
I am a fan of my Kindle Paperwhite and love that content syncs between all my purchased books.
I love the new update and the new font. Keep up the great work.
Need Split Screen Functionality
The Kindle app for the iPad is actually quite great. As a student, the highlighting functionality is seamless. The iPad along with this app makes digital reading a pleasure.
However, as iOS9 has been released for some time now, I am still waiting on split screen functionality. As I take copious notes, while writing between 1-2 book reviews per week, the added functionality of having the Kindle app open alongside the Pages app would be remarkable. Please add this functionality soon!!!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 26, 2015
- Version: 4.12.1
- Size: 91.2 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.